Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
handyfisher's mini crew
Hooked up with handyfisher and his two boys this morning for a catfishing trip at Lincoln. Overcast weather made fishing comfortable and cats were on the feed. It took us a couple of moves to find the cats but we had a good trip with the boys doing most of the catching.

Handyfisher was way outfished by his two boys who were after their fisrt catfish. The boys took home 5 or 6 cats that were all in the 24-26 inch range. Biggest cat weighed in at about 7.5 pounds.

Fun morning with good company. Especially fun to watch the boys do battle with some hefty cats.

Looking for bigger cats with the cooling weather.

BLK
[signature]
Way to go Lynn. Nothing better than seeing youngsters reeling in fish.
[signature]
Nice report Lynn, good to see you're still on the cats... Guess your crew will be goen back to school soon, so good to train a new crew... Thanks for the report... J
[signature]
Lynn, thanks for an awesome morning! It's going to be hard for me to make their next fishing trip live up to that. I'm pretty sure the boys went and told the entire neighborhood about the trip and how they caught the "biggest fish ever".

They didn't let me start cleaning them until they were able to gather up a few kids to come and see the catch which somehow managed to stay alive long enough to provide a little extra thrill Smile They even invited a couple of their friends over to enjoy the "feast" we made for lunch.

Overall great day having a chance to watch the boys catch their first (and second and third) real fish. Both boys repeatedly said that it was the "best day ever" and are already hounding me to go back to the lake to fish again. I'm happy as can be that they are finally excited about fishing and now I just have to figure how to catch some fish myself so they can stop bragging about how they are "way better fishers" than me Smile

Thanks again for a great trip Lynn, we really enjoyed it!

Aaron
[signature]
It was a fun trip. Nothing more enjoyable than watching kids catch fish. You have a couple of great boys there and I admire your efforts to get them started as fishers. It is something they can enjoy for the rest of their lives.

It was a pleasure to meet you and the boys.

Now you need to work on Pisco and get him back on the water.[Wink]

Lynn aka BLK
[signature]
Thanks for the jab Lynn! Just for that, I am going to take a break from work and go fishing[Wink]

Actually I was planning to work this Saturday, but I got an email from a long time fishing buddy who now lives in AZ. He is going to be in UT this weekend and I can't pass up the chance to fish with him again. I am going to take him out to chase kitties.

If I see your 36 incher, I'll say hello for you. After a few pictures, I'll even turn her loose!

Seriously though, I'm glad you got to take those guys out. They are likely moving out of state when Handyfisher graduates and I would hate to think those boys would have missed out on those big cats because of me.
[signature]