Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 8/7
I expected koke fishing to be slow, and I was right. I only got 2 cutts on my koke gear, one of them 21". I brought some Rapalas along to see what they would do on the cutts, just for fun. I couldn't keep the little buggers off, it was fish after fish on the Rapalas. By 9:30 I was bored with it and left. Nippy up there this morning, but no wind or rain. I got some GoPro footage with the TrollPro so maybe I'll edit this and add some clips if they're interesting.
----------------------------------------------
The video turned out too dark to bother even editing it. There are fish in it, but between the early morning lack of sun, the depth, the murkiness of the water etc, it turned out much darker than any previous videos I've done. Sorry.
[signature]
Look forward to the footage.
Hey Lanny, sorry to hear the kokes didn't want to play. If we don't get a good report pretty soon, I might have to take a run down to Fish Lake. I usually work that water through the ice, but there was a recent report of success on the kokanee. That is a lot further drive than Strawberry, but dang, like the song on the old American Sportsman, "wherever fish are biting, that's where were gonna go".
[signature]
Sounds like a fun day on the water. Hope that you are able to post some video footage.

Brian
[signature]
I admire your determination. And you must really like kokanee, you and your buddies must have brought home 100 of em this year [Smile].
[signature]
I really like fishing - and kokanee are now my favorite. The real season is pretty short for them so I have to concentrate my efforts. We have done pretty well this summer. Thanks for all your help.
[signature]
some kokes at strawberry
before the sun comes up all you see is black water and the glow of your set up.
this is down 40 feet that is where the kokes are at.
[signature]
great video. 39' is where I figured to start. You can tell I am superstitious, I always like odd numbers in my fishing depths. Thanks for your info.
[signature]
That is a really nice video. My Water Wolf videos look much like that, at least sometimes, but the gopro videos are not as good for some reason, plus the fact that I can't set it back away from the boat. Do you prefer the Water Wolf? I haven't experimented much with the GoPro yet, but I mostly just get frustrated with it, and the Water wolf is so easy to use.
[signature]
how deep were the cuts i'd love to catch some cuts up thare
[signature]
Thanks for posting

Looks like our Koke luck this year will have been about like yours.
We really thought we had them figured out last couple years. As such
We only focused our efforts on them. So far, nothing to show for our efforts, and doesn't look as though we will get a chance to get out again until beginning of Sept. Time to give up and target Cutts I guess.
[signature]
I went out for the first time since getting back from alaska this last Saturday to the berry, found fish right away got 3 jokes in the boat and had another mystery fish that I swear just like everyone else was the lochness monster but got off before I could get him to the boat. Also had tons of very small cutthroats. The magic depth was 53 for us, but man my fishfinder screen had more marks on it than I think I've ever seen surprised we didn't get into more. Right as 9:00 hit like usual at strawberry this time of year action died for us.
[signature]