Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CJ Strike
Several years ago the Fish and Game stated that you couldn't hurt the fish population at CJ by overharvest. I do believe they were mistaken.

Was there Saturday, very few boats and even less fish caught.
[signature]
I was night fishingSaturday night and marked quite a few crappie in 40 to 45ft of water suspendedbetween 20 and 30 ft deep. They would not bite anything. Tried for hours
[signature]
We were marking big clouds of small fish deep in the Bruneau, but no love on predators. The big schools of perch and crappie weren't in their normal spots in the narrows. Lots of baby bass everywhere and the pike minnows were banging cranks. Even caught a nice trout on a dropshot. Just plain weird.
[signature]
Been 2 weeks since the last update. Anyone know what's going on with the panfish at CJ?
[signature]
I plan on going Thursday. I will give an update when I get back.
[signature]
Sweet. Thanks.
[signature]
3 of us got about 40 perch. We got a late start. Caught fish when we first got there and then died off. Seen fish on the finder after we moved but nothing was biting. We looked around the af marina but never saw any big schools. Went to cottonwood and found really small schools but fished them. Did not really check the narrows. I think it will get better soon. Go early is my guess.
[signature]
Was bass fishing the other day and again there were no boats in the narrows or on the air force hump. Tons of baby bass.
[signature]
FOH.

Thanks for your report. It was useful. We went on Friday and caught a few perch and crappie. Definitely not on fire, but if you worked on them, you could get a few.

We caught ours in the narrows. The fish seemed to be very spurty. You'd get several in just a few minutes and then nothing for a very long time even though the sonar showed us being on fish all the time. Smaller baits seemed to be best. Crappie nibble didn't hurt either.
[signature]
They are all gone. No use fishing Strike any more...[laugh]
[signature]
Let me know when she ices over,[Wink]
[signature]
Usually she don’t freeze over,
Last winter was a fluke.
Sure was fun
[signature]
30 boats on the air force hump on Saturday
Nothing going on in the Bruneau
Bass fishing still pretty slow.