Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I-Pilot remote
Have any of you had any issues with a I-Pilot remote.
[signature]
the only time I have had any trouble with mine is one time I put the motor down and hit the remote before I plugged the motor in, it was doing all kinds of weird things took me about a half hour be for unplugged the motor and let the remote shut down, restarted with the motor plugged in FIRST before I pushed any buttons, it has always worked great since, at Lake Powell in the steep canyons I have lost satellites and it get Confused some times.
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
Sometimes the remote locks up. I just take the battery out then reinstall then it's good to go.
[signature]
I've had mine for 5 years and I've never had a problem.
Launched at Smith & Morehouse Tuesday, used the gas motor to the middle of the lake. Lowered the front mounted trolling motor and it takes off at faster speed than I wanted to troll at. Tried to decrease the speed and it wont' work. Tried to turn it off and it wouldn't work. It would turn both directions though. Finally unpluged it and pluged it back in. Prop would not come on but it would turn in both directions. Put a new battery in and it would not turn on so put old battery back in. Same thing no prop turning but would turn from side to side. Gave up messing with it. Then all of a sudden it comes on and works perfectly until I turn if off again and then the same thing over again. Prop won't turn but would turn from side to side. Looked on Google last night and U-tube but not alot out there. Going to get a new battery and back up battery. Hate to have to buy a new remote at 150 if it even is the remote.
[signature]
I saw a new remote control for Ipilot at Cabela's in Farmington yesterday. It was in the bargain cave there and was marked down to $64. The guy at the counter there said there was nothing wrong with it but the packaging was damaged, so they could not sell it as new. You better get it before it is gone, won't last long at that price.
[signature]
Thanks for the heads up.
[signature]
I have had mine for about 5 years and after the first year the screen would go blank but the motor stays running and if I have it on spot lock it stays on it. I have to smack the control and it comes back on. I have replaced the battery tried putting a dime under the battery and nothing has helped. I have got used to just smacking it around.
[signature]