Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Porcupine 8/13
Went after Kokanee again at the Pig today. It's not my favorite fishing hole but circumstances haven't allowed me to go to the Gorge since May.
The kokes are still hitting and fighting aggressively. Had my first fish within 5 minutes from a school spotted at 45', a 13". Kept trying at 45 but only managed a couple of dinks, dropped down to 55' and started catching keepers. Tried deeper but only caught small fish.
If the little guys can shake themselves off I consider it a release. If I need to touch them to remove a hook they go into the cooler.
[signature]
Yea i was up ther Saturday from 430 to 7 and got 9 koks biggst was only 11 in but did manage a 24 in cutt i pretty stoked about it
[signature]
Man I missed the kokes again this summer, sure it's getting to the point they are turning red now and getting soft, I hate not having time to chase those guys, even if they are a little small... Thanks for the report... J
[signature]
Glad you are still catching them. It usually slows when we get close to the spawn, but I doubt the dinks are this years spawning class of fish.
[signature]
They are still hitting pretty good or they were on Sunday. The mature fish are starting to turn a little pink but the meat is still firm. I put them on a mix of ice and water to get them to chill as rapidly as possible and it seems to help keep the meat firmed up. I've been having the most action on red and orange kokabows nine to twelve inches behind a chrome Sling Blade at 1.3 mph. The 8 mature fish were 11-14" with 7 females and 1 male. Seeing them stacked up in large schools on the Ff is pretty cool too.
[signature]
Thanks for the additional details... J
[signature]