Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sfcr 8/15
There are places the algae is getting thick. Fished the backwaters yesterday. Caught 14 walleye, 6 bass, 1 perch and 1 trout. Nothing with any size. Largest eye was 14 in. Lots of small eyes (8 in). We also fished on the 11 th catching much larger fish. Largest eye was 20 in with many >14 in. Caught a total of 22 that day. Bottom bouncing at 1 mph. with worms.
[signature]
You sure have that place dialed in and with so many smaller eyes being caught, it speaks well for some bigger fish being caught in the future. Haven't fished there in years but what I liked about that lake was that you could catch eyes and kokes in the same place. Do you know if the still stock kokanee there?
[signature]
I'll be heading out there at 0300, probably arrive near 0600. I again "just missed Anita". Any chance you may be willing to share any colors, or depths,
[signature]
Sorry ive been gone and not near internet. Hope this isn't too late. We fished between 15 and 20 ft with occasional shallow points. I was using a copper sparle Smile blade with a small corky and two beads on 4 ft leader. Slow death hook with worm trailing. Best i can say.
[signature]
We went out, didn't get that message in time Smile

Landed a 23" rainbow on a blue tiger smilie blade, a 10" smallie, and a 14" walleye (chartreuse blade rig), and those were the only fish bigger than 6" haha.

Thanks for the advice, looks like I need more tackle.
[signature]