Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard South
Banana boat floats again and put me on fish.

Everything around home is in pretty good condition so I made an early morning decision to load up and head for Willard. I put in at the south marina close to 0800 .
I took it easy going out the channel hoping to pick up something, no deal. Once out I turned north playing around with different depths looking for the bite. I got the first hook up in 13', just a short distance further I hooked up again. Made a few cranks and thought to throw out the marker. I kept playing around my marker until I had six cats on the stringer. That hole went cold so I gathered up the marker and continued north. A few minutes later I hooked another. About that time Tin Can come by to say hello after a few words he told me it was after 1000. I figured I could find one more to add to the stringer on the way in. Bingo! that made eight. I secured the paddle and cranked up the motor and headed back in.

Every time I use the fish cleaning station I want to hug the crew that put it in. It is so nice not to have to take the mess home. Thanks to Utah State Parks.

Coming in I thought I could smell over heated motor or wires. The smell dissipated so I forgot it. When I got close to the ramp I reached down to disconnect the cable from the battery and the clip was so hot I got second degree burn on my thumb.

When I got home and put the charger on I noticed the insulation on one of the wires was melted next to the clamp. Have any of you had that kind of experience? What should I be looking for to correct the problem?

Richard
[signature]
Anytime that there is a non soldered connection in electrical wire there is the chance for corrosion. As corrosion builds it start to build heat from the restriction of the flow of power.

If you have enough wire length cut off the melted area and put a new clamp end on. It might not hurt to get something to put in the connection that will inhibit the corrosion process.

At work we use a product called Noalox. It can be found at the Home Depot for a few dollars.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Banana boat strikes again. Sounded like a great morning. I've been meaning to try the South Marina. Sounds like it's time to give it a go. +1 on the cleaning station. Made short work of a couple crappies and a cat yesterday afternoon.
[signature]
Yep, was good to see you out again Richard. Got an unexpected early day off, so grabbed the boat and hit the south marina. Was dragging a new -ish lure right out of the marina, hooked up one Cat just after I passed you the first time.

Got down on the feed lot hump and boated 3 more before I decided to call it a day.

Released all. Glad you got you a limit. Wife and I went out there again this morning. I got just one young Cat still wearing his spots, released him too. That was it for the day.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Thank you for the reply.

I replaced all the connectors so I will see how that will work

rj
[signature]