Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake depth?
My question isn't as tough as the last one on the depth of UL. Mine is simply, is it still deep enough at LB to make another trip down this weekend. Deep enough for my comfort is 3 feet. Don't want to compete with the Labor Day crowd next weekend, so hope to make an early morning, one day run, this Sunday.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
The lake is 6" lower than July 31, and 12" lower than June 13. I don't know how that translates to actual water depth at Lincoln harbor.
[signature]
Well, it may be close, but OK. My last trip was 23 July and the middle of the LB channel was about 4' and main lake between 4 to 7 ' depending where I was. So I think I just may give it one more shot.

Thanks MC
[signature]

Cool
You should be good to go. My depth has been showing about 2.8 or 2.9 at the lowest spot. Channel is probably about 3 1/2 ft. deep. The water level is going down but hopefully it will not bottom out like it did last year.

Cattin' is still good but has slowed down a bit. I have shifted to mostly night shifts... cooler and the bugs are not too bad. Six or seven trailers in the parking lot today. Waters were mostly calm.

White bass are plentiful where they are and scattered where they ain't. They travel in schools and can be nuisance if a school chooses to bug you. Isolated wb can be found almost anywhere on the lake.

Good luck... but nothing over 27 inches.[Wink]

BLK
[signature]
Thanks Lynn. If I get down there tomorrow morning, think I will be trying to target the WB. Need to save up some bait. But if I get a Cat, hoping it's at least 27" give me a 2" bump. Of course, I'll be happy to poach the 36 incher you been hunting all summer [Wink] [fishin]
[signature]

Cool