Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Powell - Tube and kids over Labor Day
Hello!

We're going to Lake Powell for five days, over Labor Day weekend. Will be in a houseboat in a bay near Bullfrog.

I want to do two types of fishing:
1) Some early morning fishing from my float tube (would love Stripers or Smallies), and
2) Keeping the kids entertained fishing off the back of the houseboat or nearby shorelines (any species).

This is my first trip to Lake Powell. Any tips for either of those two scenarios?

Thanks!
Nate
[signature]
For current conditions, check Waynes Words ( www.wayneswords.com). I would be careful fishing out of a tube. Stay close to your houseboat and in the backs of the canyons. Wind can blow you all over the place and you will not be able to kick against it very well. WEAR A LIFE JACKET !!

As to the kids, they can fish for stripers off the back of the houseboat, catfish, and green sunfish will be available also. Again, check Wayne's words for current conditions.
Thanks for the wind info. We'll be there a few days later. I have a raft with a trolling motor so wind is an issue for me also, although perhaps not as much as a float tube.
[signature]