Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Jones'n
I wasn't able to get out this week end [:/]so I'm Jones'n in the worst way.[laugh] I gotta fish. I know it is only sunday but I'm looking for suggestions for next week. Plus I have to take a few rookies with so I like to catch some good ones'
Thanks,

Fish Hunter
[signature]
I guess it depends on what you want to catch but Rockport is been a good choice this year for some trout up to 20 inches and perch put to 12 inches. Echo would be my second choice with the fish being a little smaller. Depending on where you live and how far you want to drive, Causey has been good for smaller splake and kokanee up to 12 inches and we also heard a decent report about catching kokes at Porcupine. There is always Strawberry but I would think that could be a little hard to do unless you have a snowmobile or are fishing close to shore. Good luck where ever you go and let us know how you do. WH2
[signature]
Fishhunter ,If you want to have an easy time of it, not too much hiking and bad roads to contend with, go to Echo, Rockport, or Jordanelle. All will produce excellent perch and trout. If you want to get away from the crowds and are willing to put in a little more exercise, Lost Creek is fast action for small trout. Causey is still reporting good splake action with kokes passing through once in a while but access is not easy. East Canyon has slow trout action but good access. And then there is the BERRY. If you know what you are doing this is the best trout fishing around.[ Mabey some day I will learn how to fish it.] With the early ice ,we have had the best ice fishing in recent years, so take advantage of it while the opportunities presents themselves. I love the dilemma of having to choose where to go with so many great choices. I choose all of them!!! These places are just the tip of the iceberg as far as places to go to but they are close and most have easy access. Good luck choosing and have fun. DKSRenegade
[signature]