Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 9/1

Had baby sitting duty this morning so I didn't make it out to huck the west dike with my tube until noon. Fished till three. Caught my biggest cat this summer and three or four smaller ones. Went and visited the Tubetorium yesterday for a lesson on fligs. Time well spent. Thanks Pat. Couple cookie cutters on a white with red eyes flig. Both with the line hanging straight down with a slip sinker and two feet of leader between the sinker ticking the bottom and the flig. Tipped it with a chartruese gulp minnow. Big one caught on my flyrod. Thought it was a carp on the take until it rolled several times on the surface. Besides the kitties, a frozen or so 10 to 14 inch smallies equally distributed between the fly and spinning rods. Finally, a couple big old ugly carp caught on the flyrod. Not a bad way to spend an afternoon.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Sounds like a good day to me.

Glad you were able to make it down and get fligged. Also glad the fish approved.

Think the water will ever cool down this year? Maybe by December?
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Nice Catfish. I'm going to try and make it out there later this week. Will post a report.
[signature]