Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cleaning My Boat
I left my boat in the water for several days in a row.
Now the boat is stained from the dirty water.

What is a good way to clean all the crud off of the boat?
Is there a good solvent to use?

I have tried a car wash but I think that the boat needs something stronger than soap to cut through the staining.
[signature]
Hey Dale, the best thing to use is vinegar, I mix 1 oz of vinegar to 16 oz of water and put it in a spray bottle, cuts through that water scum like a hot knife through butter.[Wink]
Good to hear you have been getting out this Summer.
[signature]
Thanks, Curt.
I will give that a try.
[signature]
I'm sure that will work but if you have any really tough scum, use half the water in the mixture and that will take off just about anything.
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2]Hey Dale, the best thing to use is vinegar, I mix 1 oz of vinegar to 16 oz of water and put it in a spray bottle, cuts through that water scum like a hot knife through butter.[Wink]
Good to hear you have been getting out this Summer.[/quote]

We use a vinegar and water spray on about 90% of everything we clean at home, but when used on cars or boats be sure to wax after, it strips off dirt and grease but also the wax. I have also used a mix of water and vinegar with some Dawn mixed in for the rear of the boat where the oily scum is the worst.
[signature]
Thanks for the suggestion, I haven't waxed my boat since I bought it, always so busy doing other things in the Summer but maybe this Fall, after the garden is done, I'll have time to wax it. Do you use any special wax for your boat or will regular car wax work?
[signature]
This product line is amazing!

[url "https://duckyproducts.com/"]https://duckyproducts.com/ [/url]
[signature]
Thanks for the info John, finally had time to take a look at the web site. This is the one I saw:
http://duckyproducts.com/store/Water-Spo...e-p4556639
Which one do you recommend?
[signature]
That's the same kind I use. I pour about 1/2 cup of Simple Green in a bottle and add that spot remover. It helps get the scum line off.
[signature]
OK, thanks for the info John.
[signature]
If the bottom of your boat is green like mine gets, especially if I have been to strawberry, and UL don't stain it, go figure, Starbrite boat bottom cleaner
this stuff is awesome, spray on and wipe off,
** WARNING **
MAKE SURE YOU ARE IN WELL VENTALATED AREA.
DO NOT DO IT IN THE GARAGE.
MAKE SURE YOU WEAR GOOD RUBBER GLOVES.
ADVISE TO WEAR A MASK OR RESPERATOR
I say these things from experience, but like I said its spray on and wipe off its amazing how easy the green stuff comes off.
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
I forgot after you get the green stuff off, spray it off and wax it, that stuff will get the hard water stains off your engine, transom anywhere you spray it, just remember to wear gloves and don't breath it, it will make you gasp for air. check the wind direction before you spray it. it takes longer to get prepared to clean it than it does to clean it.
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
if it's the green stuff from strawberry vinegar won't touch it i use diluted boat hull cleaner but like they say above well ventilated and don't get the spray on your skin .
[signature]
This stuff
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.