Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cocoa Beach report
3/27/2002 Flats fishing report for the Indian and Banana Rivers. By Capt Doug Blanton<br>Redfishing has picked up considerably this past week. Most of the reds I have been fishing have been in small schools of 30 to 60 fish. all of these fish have been in the 25 to 35 inch range and have been caught on top water. As this weeks full moon passes the fishing should only get better. Our better catches have come just after sun rise in less than 2 feet of water. When looking for these tailing fish, just look for the schools of bait. Most of the reds have been just inside of these schools.<br>Trout fishing continues to get better every day in the Cocoa Beach area. We have found groups of schoolies ( 10 to 18 inches) holding on the outer edge of the flats in 3 to 6 feet of water. Most of these fish have been caught on MirrOlure's 51MR-808 and the TT-28 and 21 rigged with a Daiichi Bleeding Hook on the front. If you are looking for the larger trout, try fish the flats just prior to sun rise with ether MirrOlure's Top Pup 74MR-21 and Top Dog 94MR-21 & 81 or one of Cotee's Reel Magic. With the full moon almost on us they will be most active at night, so get out early.<br>For those of you wanting to fish for snook, the word is they are starting to show up in Sykes Creek during the early morning hours. I have even heard of a few small tarpon rolling at dawn in the channel. I haven't been out there yet but as soon as I get a chance to fish it this week I will let you know. <br>For those of you that have been asking me where you can buy the Reel Magics try this web site http://www.donraystudio.com/fishinglures.htm John has just started selling these lures and will be happy to hook you up. <br>Don Ray has a new snook print! http://www.donraystudio.com/<br>This week all of our fish we caught where on:  <br>MirrOlure's Top Pup 74MR-21 and Top Dog 94MR-21 & 81 rigged with a Daiichi Bleeding Hook on the front<br>MirrOlure's Catch 2000 rigged with a Daiichi Bleeding Hook on the front<br>Cotee 3" Swirl Tails Clear silver flake<br>Cotee's Reel Magic<br><br><br>See you on the water<br>Capt. Doug Blanton<br>Indian River Adventures<br>321-432-9470