Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't forget
Forgot to put my inspection paper in my windshield and it's going to cost me 140$ don't make the same mistake I did. DWR is not messing around.
[signature]
Ouch. I did the same thing last week at Saratoga Springs boat ramp. Fortunately, no one authorized to issue me a ticket noticed.
[signature]
Lundboy -- Where did they get you, as in what body of water? I always display mine when fishing at Lincoln Beach but when there are several trucks in the parking lot I very seldom see more than a couple of them with a certification displayed.

Were you at/in your vehicle when cited or out fishing? Sure seems like a first-time warning would assure compliance... especially if you could produce a current certificate. Guess they gotta make money to justify their position but $140 seems a bit high to me.
[signature]
I was on a lake that one of our BFT members patrols so I would rather not say it was my fault that I forgot and I am glad that they are out checking. Just wanted to let everyone one here know that it is a hefty fine and to get to exited to get on the water.
[signature]
Understand. A good reminder and just might save somebody some $$$.
[signature]
What I have done for a long time now is I'll print out my certificate after passing the online test. Then I sign the full page printout. I make about 4 more copies as some are spares as replacement or other tow vehicles but shrunk down, enclose it in plastic(I find that an expired handicap placard plastic enclosure works great), laminate, or clear packaging tape and tape it inside lower left windshield drivers side. That way it stays there all year round until the next years update comes about.
[Wink]
[signature]
I guess I am in the dark. Tell me about these inspections certificates.
[signature]
You only need it if you are launching a boat but there is a link to it every year at this location:
http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gfo...ead#unread
[signature]
Seems to me that there should be a better way of displaying that you have completed the course than a piece of paper floating around the dashboard.
A sticker for your license plate would be perfect.
Charge a little for it and all states could recognise it as being an invasive species sticker showing that training has been done in prevention of spreading.

$140 is pretty high for not displaying, reasonable for not complying, but not for displaying. If you have done the course, passed it and are certified, showing proof of that should be cause for dismissal.
You had to go to court to show that and the inconvenience of going to court should be punishment enough for not displaying. Most likely enough of a reminder to not make the mistake again.
[signature]
You are right Curt, only for those who have a boat. Still some of those who have the certificate have forgotten to display it. I have mine on display at all times and don't know from one day to the next if I'm heading to watering hole. It works for me and saves the headache of filling out a daily at the launch. I'm in agreement with having a decal indicating we are in compliance. Idaho & Wyoming does it if your to fish there waters and still they perform cross border inspections as well as launch site inspections, resident and nonresident. Utah has a daily on site certificate, online test for certificate good for the year, and now we pay as residents only a fee through our DMV along with our boat registrations for AIS, there are inspection stations set up all over the state that we still have to go thru.
[signature]
Is this applicable to kayaks as well? I'm never sure if those fall into the same category as boats or not.
[signature]
Yes, boats, kayaks, pontoons, and belly-boats. I suggest you go online and read the requirements for Utah.
[signature]
Good fishing to all.   Hue
the way I read it any watercraft, if it floats and you can get on it or in it.

[url "http://stdofthesea.utah.gov/"]http://stdofthesea.utah.gov/[/url]

here is the website
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
There are even guidelines for cleaning waders, scuba gear, and even pets that have been in contaminated waters.
To everyone: don't be the one to spread this STD.
[signature]
Good fishing to all.   Hue
I agree filling out the paper work at the ramp is a pain, much better to do the test for the certificate. What gets me mad is that the states around us charge for the sticker for those of us out of state but Utah continues to make just those that live here pay for the program but even if the state changes the rules and makes everyone pay, I don't think it's a bad idea for them to check watercraft, to make sure they are following the proper drying periods.
[signature]
If it floats, it's a boat and requires either a daily or an annual displayed in the vehicle that brung it.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Including my big ol belly? [Wink]
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Got my certification so I'm good for the year!
[signature]
Well getting it is the first half of the job. Like Lundboy said, don't forget to leave it in your tow vehicle. And remember, it is a calendar year certificate. It will expire Dec 31st. If you will be on the water after that (somewhere it isn't frozen maybe) you will need a new one for 2018.[fishin]
[signature]

Cool
lol, well maybe not [sly]
[signature]

Cool