Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard, Late report
After hitting Willard on Labor Day, against my better judgement, where the wife out fished or out lucked me 2 to 1 (she caught 1 nice Cat and a small Perch, I got 1 small Perch [:/] ) I decided to hit it again this past Saturday. Was at the south marina early enough to use my nav lights, and just as I untied from the dock cleat, BFT'er Obifishkenobi came up and introduced himself. I sure hope he did better than I did. I had an almost perfect morning. On the water early, light breeze, no bugs, very few power squadron vessels (way better than Labor Day) and not one single bite, nudge, tickle, or even long distance questioning look. A nice day, no fish. I blame the several days earlier that week of clear skies and almost full moon.
I swear I think I saw Obifishkenobi's boat runnin flat out back toward the south marina at about 1030-ish ? Either caught him a fast limit or remembered a more important appointment.
Decided I had had enough about 12 myself.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Hey Forest I keep wanting to hit Willard but it's so up and down this year I'm having a difficult time deciding where to go. Finally got a chance to get out coming up so want to find a fish when I get back on the water. Later J
[signature]
It was good meeting you in person, I posted my report over in the premium board to keep in good standing with that board. I got a 18" Wiper trolling a blue and chrome Rattlin Rap right away at the north end of Freeway Bay then nothing for an hour so, I anchored and soaked mussels catching 2 more wipers, one 10" one 22" then, I caught 5 cats, smallest less than a foot and the largest about 24". I pulled anchor and trolled for 30 minutes with no love. I headed in at 10:30 so, I could fill our cats thyroid pills before the vet closed at noon.It was perfect weather, only one ski boat came with in a half mile of me, the north end off Freeway Bay was popular, at one point there was 5 boats fishing in my vicinity, saw a couple of them hook up on Wipers. There was just enough wind to keep my boat from swinging on the anchor and no bugs.
[signature]
yes, it was good to finally put a face and boat with the name. I considered getting over toward the trees at the north edge of freeway bay, but saw the several other boats and decided not to crowd them. Maybe I should have [:/]. I guess I was right thinking that was you making a speed run to the marina. Glad you got some fish boated.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool