Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UL White Bass
Went to Utah Lake on Monday evening. Tried to target cats and white bass during our very short time on the lake. Fished from boat close to the shore line. White bass were plentiful. Some were quite small and others were the largest we've caught this year. We could not reach the cats because of cannibalistic white bass biting anything we would put in the water (including bare hooks).

We ended up with one catfish and lots of white bass, which we either returned to the lake or used for cut-bait. My wife would even dip her pole in the water next to the boat and pull it out with a fish on. Told her it was like those kid fishing games at Halloween time where you place your pole over a wall and then pull it back with candy on it.

Next time we'll have to wander away from shore to find the cats but we had a lot of fun catching fish with every cast.
[signature]
Whities non stop every cast and on bare hooks are a real hoot, no matter how big or small. My wife and I did that back in June up out of the American Fork Boat Harbor. Yep, hang on to the ones you kept. Cut white bass works pretty well even after it's been frozen and thawed a couple times. At least it has for me. Got a couple hard hits on cut whites that had been froze and thawed a couple times.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Yep. Whitties were everywhere slurping up midges. They seemed to be scattered further out from the shore. Several hundred yards out. Looks like a good spawn. Hopefully they go deep and the cats follow.
[signature]
Where were you fishing on UL?
[signature]
There are a lot of places to fish on UL.
[signature]
Lincoln Beach
[signature]
fishing North of Lindon boat harbor
[signature]
Thanks!
[signature]