Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
no fish today
well nothing on the stringer today , the ice was in pretty good shape , felt colder than normal even thou it was actually warmer out .

nothing hit the tip up and i missed two very light hits on a bottom line .

not another sole out on the ice [Sad] .

well that is it for today , i'll see what happens tomorow .
[signature]
Better luck next time[cool]. We all have those days[Sad]!
[signature]
what were you doing wrong?

I went out today and hooked in to a dozen gills and a dozen crappie

yesterday I hooked in to a dozen gills a 15 inch cisco and a dozen crappie and got my flag set off, yanked the hooks right out of the chub, a big pike was just holding on to the chubs head.
[signature]
i think it's location , i'm sticking to the safe ice . theres open holes all under the snow around here . we have tons of slush ice and i don't feel quite safe on it .[unsure]

there are a few areas of good ice , but i have to hit the southern part of the county for that .

i'm getting readt to head over to wiggins after work tomorow .

hey , there's 14"+ jumbos hitting in the tawas bay area , fireman mike has been putting anything under 14" back in the hole and limiting out every morning ! he said the crappies there are on the small size .

fireman dave went to fletchers flooding for a week , almost lost his snow machine thru the water , yes . water . you can't tell the over the ice water from the open water . he had to skim across the top of it .

his buddy cought 1- 28" northern for the week , thats it !

had they registered for the fishing contest up there it would have put a extra $150.00 smackers in his pocket for the first legal pike cought .

bassass is checking for waleye reports in his area for me , i'll give them a try this weekend , the weekend after that is the kids ice fishing tournament , our whole family is going for the event !
[signature]