Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
September Crawfish
My nephew was in town for a week to enjoy the Utah outdoors. We went crawfish fishing one day and used my Crawfish Hotel crawfish traps. We had a ball. We caught a 5 gallon bucket full of crawfish in about 2 hours. We were fishing by Haws Point. Here is a short video of the trip.

https://youtu.be/R2_JQ8RNTAw
[signature]
That looks like a good time and a good haul.
I'm not very experienced in trapping crawfish, can you explain why you retrieve it so often?
Also, is that a chub you are using for bait? Do you cut the skin to improve scent dispersion?
[signature]
Hi gaardvark,

Thank you for your question. The Crawfish Hotel is designed to catch crawfish fast. The traditional large traps have small holes for the crawfish to crawl into. That design requires crawfish to search for a way to get into the bait and it takes them a while to figure it out. Traditional traps take several hours to fill up. The Crawfish Hotel was designed to speed up the process up. The crawfish do not have to search for a hole to crawl into, they just walk in and start eating. If there are a lot of crawfish in the lake, they will enter quickly. In some cases it takes about 8-10 minutes to fill up the trap, however the average time is about 5 minutes. Once again, the trap is designed to be interactive and quick. In the amount of time it takes to fill a traditional trap with crawfish, the Crawfish hotel will have already caught a 5 gallon bucket full. It is alo an excellent trap for the family. Because it is interactive, people have fun catching crawfish all day long.

Yes that is a chub in the trap. I do slice the belly open to disperse the scent. Crawfish love to eat the eyes and guts first on the chub. Chub bait works as good as chicken.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask. If you would like to purchase a trap just e-mail me at crawfishhotel@gmail.com.
[signature]