Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview 10/15
Took the family out looking for cappie Sunday morning around 10:00 AM. Water was glass with wind so mellow we could hold a spot without an anchor. Water temp was 54 degrees.

We fished the narrows first. 30 feet of water had so many fish on the electronics it looked like a fish-highway moving under the boat. We caught a handful of perch, a couple small cats, and a tiny bluegill. No crappie.

We moved to cemetery point and found another huge school of perch but still no crappie.

We'll be heading up again next weekend to see if we can get them to start biting.
[signature]
Any size to the perch you were hauling in?
[signature]
They were all small (6" or less). Someone posted on a Facebook group that they found the schools and pulled in a limit.
[signature]
Welcome to the site Primekel, thanks for posting your report. I talked to a guy that had fished up there last week and he told me the same story about the perch, he said he had to weed through a bunch of dinks to catch the ones that were 9" but they were there. PV perch are coming back but I think it will be a while before we see any with size.
[signature]