Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An old report and a very high bar was set
So last fall was a fantastic time for me and bass fishing. For whatever reason, I didn't post my reports then, but with the lack of posts here as of late, I figured I'd put one up.

Anyway, on the last day of summer last year, I decided to try a place I hadn't fished much after Winder had been drawn down to a mud puddle. I arrived to find low, murky water, and a feeling of apprehension hanging over me. To make a long story short, I found an area of dense weed beds that seemed to be the only live vegetation left in the lake, and proceeded to have the best day of fishing of my life. I was throwing Jackall Super Eruption spinnerbaits and Picasso Shock Blades mostly. Here are the highlights.[inline "yum 2 small.jpg"][inline "big bass 3 small.jpg"][inline "21.5 small.jpg"]
[inline "big bass 2 small.jpg"]
I ended up with 112 bass caught that afternoon with many in the mid to upper teens in addition to these larger ones. I had high hopes for this year after the magnificent fall I had, but it ended up never coming close to my expectations. Oh well, maybe next year.
[inline "21 small.jpg"]
[inline "21 number 2 small.jpg"]
[signature]
What a special outing you had.
[signature]
Sounds like a lot of fun. I had a day last year early fall/late summer in winder where I had a fish on at least on every other cast. Those days are hard to beat.
[signature]
Especially when you get into some big ones. It's hard to get scale from a float tube but that biggest one was 23" and the smaller ones were 21-21.5". My arm was sore [Smile]
[signature]
Beauties and Beasts!
[signature]