Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Count down to Henry's Ice......
I know im officially a Utard these days but living on the north end of the state instead of down state Im chomping at the bit to get on the hard deck up there this year.

Anyone else got the itch?

I basically prepped work and the wife that as soon as its safe im disappearing for a few days [cool]
[signature]
It is going to be a great season .We are catching nice fish this fall .
[signature]
Yep, I am ready for the ice! Curt posted a water temp last week and it might be early ice this year! Been watching lunker deals and ice fishing deals for pre-season specials on tackle. Going to go out next weekend a try for a steelie or a cold pack which ever comes first.
[signature]
The perfect day starts out with full beer cooler and empty fish cooler . It ends with an empty beer cooler and full fish cooler .
[signature]
I’m a Utard myself Bmarsh. One that loves me some brook trout! We’ve already got a cabin rented for 3 nights around Thanksgiving. We’ll have to meet up if you’re up there!
[signature]
What 3 days ? I will be up there until the day before Thanksgiving and back up the day after . So will be available Saturday Sunday or Monday after . I need to be at home in Blackfoot for Thanksgiving. Would like to fish with you ..
[signature]
Amen Curt. Looking at the temps, it might be a foot race between Henry's and Blackfoot Res. for first fishable ice. Fished clear into April last spring at Blackfoot. A new record for us.
[signature]
I have better luck at Henry's, I love Blackfoot Resivior, but it has been spotty for me . 2 years ago I lost a monster up there . Had him up to the hole ten times and could not get him to turn up the hole.
[signature]
Brookieguy nice! I lost two different PR through the ice last year at henrys due to bad line.....my fault for not replacing it preseason. But im expecting some good fish again up there this year. Not sure when Ill be up, first trip will be as soon as theres 4-6". Im a fat kid at heart and no fish is worth taking a bath over. After that I think ill be up for Thanksgiving either in IF or Rexburg for the week.

Curt you guys need to kill that BLKFT talk. That place sucks and so does the river below it. [bobWink]

Although i got my backside handed to me up there last week in one hole... never hooked a fish less than 20" and had what looked to be an 8-9 lb fish get in the current and take me half way into my backing before breaking the 3x tippet I had off. Ive got some big fish (10 lb 3 oz) on that rod (9ft 6wt) in similar type of water in CO with no problems on 6x but the bows up there just are flat out rockets and showed me who was boss.
[signature]
Family tried to get in one last camping trip up to boot jack....said it was 16 yesterday morning and thin ice on the lake around the edges, won't be long.
[signature]
Three more weeks of no ice fishing. That’s all I ask.
[signature]