Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annual October Strawberry
Yesterday Oct 19, Cous, and 2nd Cous, hit the Soldier Creek side. Morning to noon was fantastic, the big ones were on top rolling, sight fishing. I was able to pick up 5 or 6 nice ones, top of the slot or just over by an inch or two. My proudest was a fatty of a rainbow. Maybe 2.5 lbs plus, 7 7 It came later.

What work for me was a Little Mikey for early only on top water. Which quit mid morning.Then sand colored 3.5 tube jig with 1/8 oz long hook, tipped with 1inch or less of worm, everything scented.

Early fast worked, as did every thing, then slowed down, somewhat deeper.

It was more about finding em.

First time trying Soldier Creek side. Water was so clear, you could see down 15 feet. Fun to watch fish shadow your lure. No fees collected, pay box covered, docks to south still in.
[signature]
Nice report. First we have heard of traditional Fall action picking up. Today's storm likely put them off for a while.

TiteLines
[signature]
Very nice Bow. Thanks for the report.
[signature]
Love fishing for those Bows. I was up there Thursday as well on the Renegade area. Was decent for us as well. There was a bit of algae in the water over there. Didn't seem to effect the fishing much though.
[signature]
Renegade and bays East are my go to, but on a suggestion I thought we'd try Soldier Creek. Very clear water, not much company. It was beautiful no matter what anyone caught.

How nice to see an old attutude of had to catch and keep a limit or your fisherMAN ego was less than full has gone to the way side . I released everything, but I do like to keep one for dinner usually, but most of the fish, coming off summer algae do not eat as well. Spoiled, have to work on that.
[signature]
Good job, i know its hard to get out on a new slice of the lake. Thanks for the update. Great report.
[signature]