Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fall BFT Banquet Awards Ceremony
Okay we have all the contests from the summer wrapped up except for getting prizes lined up and assigned, and it's time to plan for the shin dig to get the awards out and have a little get together to meet and BS and talk fishing for a couple hours... In the past we have met at Holy Smoke in Layton... Food is good and Jeff gives us a room to be off to ourselves and gives us a discount on the price and doesn't charge us for the room... This has worked easy for me in the past to set up and I'm all about easy.. Does anyone have other suggestions, and if so would they be willing to do the setting up part? We will present the prizes for the Catfish and Open Challenge contests. I'm thinking Thursday November 9th at 5:00 will be the best date to sneak this in before the holidays and hopefully before the snowy driving conditions hit... So I'm open for suggestions now or thumbs up on the plan, let me know and I'll move forward if it works for most of the interested attendees... Thanks Jeff
[signature]
As a non-contestant party attender, your plan is like soap...

...It works Fo me!
[signature]
Holy Smoke works for me . its not too far from Brigham and food was good.Also nice having the side room for our self. enjoyed last year.
[signature]
There's Always Time For One More Cast
Thanks Rocky, we are always happy to have you there and I guess I need to let all know they are welcome to attend not just contest participants. It's a great time to get together and visit and get to know other BFT folks that you may only know by screen names. Not sure if Pat would be willing to bring some of his lures or not? But it's a great time to restock for the ice season or hopefully he will bring some fligs as well. Looking forward to seeing you there. Jeff
[signature]
This looks like your year so I'm glad this will work okay. I didn't see a 36"er come in so I think you did it this year. Congrats and look forward to seeing you there. Jeff
[signature]
[#0000FF]I'll be there but TubeBabe has obligations in Arizona that week.

I'll bring a couple of the new Utah Lake CD/books as prizes...and maybe a couple of lure packs.

I'll have some fligs for show and tell but not making them to sell at this point. Nobody could afford the labor costs. Although I do work cheap...and I am worth it.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Thanks Pat, that's great news that you can make it... Sorry we'll miss the babe this year, always enjoy visiting with her... but I know family comes first... Thanks for the prizes, that will help us make a nice treat for our winners and help us get a few more random drawings available for attendees.... That's always fun getting a prize... Look forward to seeing you there.... Later J
[signature]
Date, time and location sound good to me. Wife enjoyed last year, and hope she isn't having to grand-son sit this year. See ya'll there.
And even though I wasn't able to poach a big cat out of UL, and the contest is over, I plan to head that way in the morning. Weather is supposed to be not bad. Heading for Lincoln Beach, hope there is still enough depth to get the tin can out the channel.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Hey Forest that's great news will be fun to see ya there and catch up a little. Thanks J
[signature]
This sounds great to me. It's a little ways for me to travel on a Thursday evening but I plan to be there and I'll bring my wife along.
[signature]
A Fall banquet sounds like a good idea to me, especially to get to meet some of the "oldies" and "newbies" on this site....this is just my second year, and maybe some others would also like a little info....Never heard of Holy Smoke...where at, type food, cost? How many people do you usually have show up? Just curious, thanks....
[signature]
Hey sorry about the lack of details, I'll try and fill in a bit. Holy Smoke is a barbecue resturaunt and I think one of the best. They are around $7-$8 a meal. I'll put the address later, but it's in Layton north of the mall and east of Applebee's next to McCools if you are familiar with that area. If not I'll have the address later. We usually draw around 20 members and the guests put us around 30. We seem to grow a little larger each year and it's a really fun evening. We typically visit as we eat and after we have a short award program and do some drawings for door prizes. Then visit a little on the way out the door. Usually lasts an hour and a half unless you get carried away talking fishing. Which I usually do. Hope you will join us, be nice to meet you. Later J.
Address: 855 N Heritage Park Blvd, Layton, Ut
[signature]
Ron,
That will be so nice to meet you, and I know it's a long ways for you to travel. Sure hope you get a chance to make it, it will be great to meet in person... Do you happen to have one of your mounts that you could bring as a show and tell? Seems like you do so much for the contests and all, I'd love to have others see what you do... Plus the trip might count as a right off if you did some advertising at the meal... Hope you can make it... Jeff
[signature]
Okay everyone I pulled the trigger on the BFT reservation today and we are set for Thursday November 9th at 5:00 to 8:00 PM which is closing time and they'll kick us all out... It is at Holy Smoke in Layton as mentioned above.. They will give us the 10% off if you mention you are with the BigFishTackle event when you go through the line and order your dinner/supper... They have the side room reserved for us and there is room for up to 50, so everyone feel free to join us... If you need more info please let me know... Let's talk this up so others that would like to join us see this post and find out what they need to know... Thanks to all that help and support this annual get together I really look forward to it... See you there... Jeff
[signature]
Bump to top... This is next week start making plans to join us and if you don't mind let me know how many you plan on having come, so I can see what I can do for door prizes and making sure we have enough room... Thanks J
[signature]
Count me in for 1 seat. Looking forward to my first banquet with BFT.

Hue
[signature]
Good fishing to all.   Hue
Hey Jeff - Thanks for getting this set up. I plan to be there and will bring a fish mount/replica or two. It doesn't look like my wife is going to attend so just put me down for one. Ron
[signature]
Got ya down for it, thanks for coming this year. Might have a little more time to visit this go around than we did at the flotilla, so will be fun to visit again... Thanks J
[signature]
Thanks Ron,
Looking forward to those mounts... One day I'll pull the trigger and get you to do one for me... Maybe you can show us what we have to do to make a replica possible... I'd like to learn before I catch that fish I want done and screw it up.... Like I did my first buck... Thanks Jeff
[signature]
My boy and I are going to try to make it if I can sneak away from work early. Might not know until day of, hopefully that’s not a problem.
[signature]