Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burbot Bash 2018 question
I have fished the burbot classic in February 3 times, but never the bash, which I have decided to do this year. I went to the registration page, [url "http://www.burbotbash.com/registration/"]http://www.burbotbash.com/registration/[/url] , and it has the dates being Jan 27-Jan 29, which would make the weigh in on Monday the 29th. Are these dates correct, and has the bash traditionally been a Saturday through Monday tournament? A Friday through Sunday schedule seems to make much more sense, and work will probably keep me from participating.

Thanks!
[signature]
Their facebook page is saying the 26-28. I think someone just fat fingered the date on the website or looked at a 2017 calendar and not the 2018 calendar. I know last year it was a Friday to Sunday event.
[signature]
I haven't hit the bash yet but plan to also this year. I have read that there is ice and open water. Is the area where the bash is open water?
[signature]
I have fished the bash the last 2yrs. Usually starts Friday and Ends Sunday morning with awards being presented around 11am. Both years we fished from buckboard north and the ice has always been at least 9" thick. Last year there was full size pickups driving across the bay near the confluence area. I've talked to guys fishing down by swim beach and anvil that said it was sketchy in certain areas. Just really depends on where you go.
[signature]
Last year in the burbot classic, which is a great tournament, I took second in the individual category. I think I ended up with 47 fish, but that may be one or two off. First night we fished a bit further south than usual, closer to anvil and it wasn’t good, we then tried a new spot further north and did pretty good. I am curious to see if the increased pressure in the bash affects the fishing much. Glad to know it will be Friday through Sunday, it’s a little drive back to Colorado afterwards. My buddy had to drive back past Denver, glad it wasn’t that far for me.
[signature]