Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
works for perch
I put a 1.5 inch glow stick on my line about 8 to 12 inches above my jig and the perch went nuts for it caught 12 in two hours and had atleast 3dozen hits that I missed. if anyone gets a chance to try this let me know if you had good luck with this also.

<(((><
[signature]
that sounds like a good Idea. I know they sure liked the glow head that I was using a couple of weeks ago up there. What were you using for weight. were you using a kastmaser or anything like that?

JEd
[signature]
I was using a 1/16oz tube jig with a chartreuse body and a mealworm.
[signature]
that is what i was using on my top hook and on my bottom hook I alternated with pink (caught a couple of nice bows on that) A red and chartreuse baitbug (tube dudes and caught a few bows on that and mostly perch) then when it started to get dark I threw on the glow in the dark tube with a glow head and a wax worm or perch meat and caught a bunch of perch and a couple more nice rainbows.

Jed
[signature]
the nice thing about the glow stick is you don't have to recharge the glow, it's a chemical reaction and will glow until the chemicals are used up. the cold does slow down the reaction and they don't glow as bright but they still glow. sounds like a winning combination.
<(((><
[signature]
I wonder if you could find a way to atach one of those really tiny glow sticks that some kids use as Tongue jewlery or earrings to a hook or jig head. That would probably last pretty long because the cold water slows down the chemical reaction and it would be a lot brighter than the normal glow jigs. It might work really well for night fishing,

jed
[signature]
You might be able to find one small enough to attatch a clip that could then attatch to the jig, like the rattles they sell to add sound. I bet if somone was to design one thay would sell pretty well. [cool]
[signature]
maybe i should find out what the stuff is made of and make my own. I used to have the formula for that stuff,

jed
[signature]
That would work, especially if you could design a way to attatch it to any jig, or to the line without tying it in, then you could replace it after each outing or to any jig pattern you wanted to use that day. I wonder if you were to attatch it to a bigger jig for Macks how it would work. seeing it is deep and dark where they jig for them. [shocked]
[signature]
now you are talking. I think i may have to do some experimenting[Wink].
[signature]
I THINK THE CHEMICAL YOU ARE LOOKING FOR IS NAMED CYALUME (KY-A-LOOM). I DO NOT KNOW THE INGREDIENTS THOUGH. I HAVE FOUND THE SMALL GLOW STICKS FOR THE MOUTH PEICES MENTIONED BEFORE AT PARTY STORES, ZURCHERS I THINK NEAR COSTCO ON 2100 SOUTH AND 300 WEST IN SLC. I ALSO FOUND A SMALL 3 PACK THAT WAS MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE AT SPORTSMANS AND ANGLERS INN, I THINK THERE IS STILL ANGLERS INN ONLINE AT [url "http://www.ANGLERSFLY.COM"]WWW.ANGLERSFLY.COM[/url] BUT SINCE THEY CLOSED THE ONE NEAR MY HOME I HAVE NOT LOOKED FOR ANYTHING THERE. I AM A SPORTMANS GUY NOW, GALYANS, AND CATALOGS. I ALSO THINK THERE ARE SEVERAL INTERNET COMPANIES THAT SELL THE GLOW STICKS IN BULK, LIKE THE WAY YOU SEE THEY GUYS SELLING AT THE STATE FAIR. NOW HERES AN IDEA, TAKE ONE OF THOSE LITTLE ULTRA-BRITE LED LIGHTS THOSE GUYS HAVE, WATERPROOF IT AND ATTACH IT TO A JIG, EITHER FLASHING OR CONSTANT LIGHT, BLUE, RED, GREEN, OR WHITE...I HAVE ALSO SEEN PURPLE!! THEN YOU WILL HAVE A JIG! YOU GUYS GOT ME GOING NOW.....I AM GOING TO PLAY.

LATERS,
[signature]
hey you could call the flashing ones disco ciscos..[laugh]
[signature]
I've just never found perch that hard to catch????????
[signature]
Neither have I, I was referring to Macks.[crazy]
[signature]
I bought a jig at Sportsmans last year that has a built in LED light. The bad part is I don't remember what it's called. The other bad thing is I've never gotten around to trying it.

FM
[signature]
They do sell small glow sticks at Sportsman's (at least the one on 7200 So. in SL) They come with little attachments to connect them to any hook. They are in the ice fishing section. I didn't buy any, but thought they looked effective.
[signature]
[cool][blue][size 1]Hey glow lovers, here's a website for ya. [url "http://extremeglow.com/"]http://extremeglow.com/[/url][/size][/blue]

[#0000ff][size 1]I buy their glow powder and make jig heads with it. I get both the blue and the green. You mix it with clear vinyl jig paint and apply it over white base coat. With the green, you get a better fishing color if you apply it over yellow or chartreuse paint. I use two coats and then finish with a top coat of clear epoxy.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]This stuff GLOWS...for hours after a good charge. I walk into my office/tackle room when it is still dark in the morning and that stuff is still glowing from the night before.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]They also sell lots of other glow goodies...including the 1 1/2 inch glow sticks. They have them in every color you could imagine...including some two tones.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]Really a neat site. If it doesn't get your fertile fishing imaginations going, you're ready for the rocker.[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
now that is a good idea. The LED's would have even a longer life than the glow sticks. Does anyone know which fish like the flasing or glowing lights the best?

Jed
[signature]
I got my glow sticks on ebay they came with a small plastic sleve that i slipped on my line befor I tied on my jig and then slid the glow stick into it. You can change colors and move the glow stick up and down the line. I have seen on ebay a glow stick jig but have never looked close at it. maybe I should.
<(((><
[signature]
I BELIEVE THE LINDNER BROTHERS, AKA LINDY LURE CO., ARE IN THE MIDST OF RESEARCH ON THE SUBJECT OF FLASHING OR STEADY LIGHT SOURCES. THEY HAVE THE EVER FAMOUS TECHNI-GLO FUZ-E-GRUBB AND I HEAR BY WAY OF THE NAFC THAT THEY ARE DEVELOPING BETTER BATTERY POWERED LIGHT, FLASHING AND STEADY LIGHT, JIGS AND LURES FOR MARKET. I THINK THE WEB SITE IS SOMETHING LIKE LINDYLITTLEJOE.COM OR CLOSE TO THAT. I WILL TRY IT AND LET YOU KNOW....I DID READ THE ARTICLE IN ONE OF THE NAFC ISSUES LAST YEAR, MAYBE THE AUTUM BEFORE ABOUT THE NEW GLOW SENSATION WE ALL ARE SO FOND OF NOW. I WILL TRY TO FIND THAT INFO AS WELL. IT IS A GREAT ARTICLE AND I KNOW I HAVE IT IN ONE OF MY PILES OF FISHING MAGS AND BOOKS. AS MENTIONED IN ANOTHER THREAD, I WILL EMAIL THE CLUB AND ASK THEM TO SEND ME A EMAIL COPY OF THE LETTER THEN I CAN SEND IT TO THOSE OF YOU WHO WISH TO READ A BIT. THEY HAVE ALWAYS BEEN GOOD AT DOING THINGS LIKE THAT. ANYWAY...IM OFF TO LINDYS WEB SITE TO SEE IF THERE IS ANYTHING NEW IN THE WAY OF LIGHTED STUFF....AND GLOW TOO.

LATERS,
[signature]