Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Concealed Carry Class Suggestions
Been giving serious thought to taking the Concealed Carry Class and picking up a handgun. I see that the last time the subject has been asked was in 2009. Suggestions for where to take the class (I live in the Bountiful area) would be appreciated.
[signature]
Kent
Cabelas in Farmington has a conceal carry class on November 10th 2017. In Farmington and they do them I believe throughout the year.
[signature]
Kent, I'm not sure just how familiar you are with handguns, but if you want to come up to Brigham we could go up to the range at Manuta and shoot several different pistols. The range is seldom crowded and I have plenty of ammo. I could show you a few different concealed carry rigs.
[signature]
Good fishing to all.   Hue
[quote BURLEY]

Kent, I'm not sure just how familiar you are with handguns,...

[/quote]

You are too kind -- you do know that I know very little about handguns and that with my halfeimers what little I know and am able remember I get Confused about. Thank you for your kind offer and I will gladly take you up on your offer one of these first days.
[signature]
Kent,

We’re you able to get out and do some shooting?
[signature]
Not yet Mike. I will get with Hue one of these first days and take him up on his generous offer.

I was planning on going to the concealed weapon class, last evening in Cabela's, but ended up having a conflict. I will try again to attend the one in December.
[signature]
I am open all of next week. The range is just 6 miles away in Mantua. If you know someone that has a gun that you might like, ask to borrow. I might already have ammo for it. 40 cal., 38 sp., 9mm, 22 mag.
[signature]
I only have full (large) frame semi-auto pistols. So to borrow a small frame semi-auto would a plus for experiencing pistols for cw.
[signature]
Made it out with Burley yesterday. Provided some good laughs for him. I haven't shot a pistol in over 50 years (man, I'm getting old) and I forgot how hard they kick.
[signature]
Just wondering if you were ever able to make it to a CFP class? I've been an instructor for a little over 10 years now. $40 and I make sure you have everything you need to apply (paperwork, fingerprints & photo), well except the States fee [Wink]
[signature]
Not yet, but I inherited a pistol so I will be taking the class sometime after April 17th. Where and when do you teach your class?
[signature]
I'm a mobile operation most of the time so I can do the class anywhere you'd like. Most times I require a group of three or more people but I've got a lot of free time this time of year so even a one on one would be fine if you're not to picky on time/date.
[signature]
I can be pretty flexible on date/time. I will send my a PM after tax season is over.
[signature]