Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake Report 2-7-04
Arrived at cisco beach at Dawn. I went with a couple of buddies. We started at 20 to 50 ft and a caught a ton of whitefish some pretty good size.Then jumped around and fished between 70 and 120ft. caught 8 or 9 cutts around 17" on white and pink, and green foxie jigs tipped with worm. A buddy did manage to bring in a 25" 6lb cutt, man was it beautiful it was caught on the white and pink. Plan to go again soon,probably will try the rockpile this time. I'm kinda new to the Bear Lake area. Anybody have any tips on the macks. Oh by the way the 6 lber is still swimming waiting for the next person. TIGHT LINES
oops Bear Lake Sorry
Welcome to the site. Be aware that macks are into eating fish, so you probably need to tip your jigs with minnow filets or minnow tails (rather than crawlers) to get into macks of any size. You may also need to move to larger tube jigs.
[signature]
Thanks Kent,

Nice quote, love it. I met some great people out on the ice and they told me the same thing. I wasn't prepared so I just listened and learned. I appreciate the help, I'm sure I will figure it out with help from all the fishing freaks. LOL. I saw a couple of people using huge maribou jigs( yellow) what is a good all around size tube jig to use? Is there a color that works better than the others? Thanks again!! Love this site..
Tight Lines
Four inch tube jigs (with appropriate size hooks) is a popular size. As far as colors go -- rainbow, black, blue, brown, green, motor oil, various shades of whites (try what you have available) -- if you are seeing fish on the fishfinder and they aren't biting keep trying different colors.
[signature]
hey Thanks

I will give it a try and post later. I appreciate the help.

Tight Lines
Shawn
[signature]