Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electric Lake, 11-10
Thanks to all who gave advice on fishing Electric Lake yesterday. We made it out to the lake and were fishing by about 8 this morning. It wasn't as cold as I was expecting but the fishing was really slow to start with. We were in my friend's boat and he has never fished Electric Lake and I have never fished it from a boat. We ended up OK, not a crazy fish day by any means but we had fun.

The first 4 fish of the day were kokanee, which was a nice surprise as we were targeting trout. I was going to post that they were tasty and fried up nicely at home to see if we could get the forum trolls to come out but no, all the kokes were released to get bigger. They weren't big by any means but it's good to see some have survived and are getting to healthy sizes.

We caught 5 kokanee and a cutthroat while trolling but we were both new up there and couldn't get the trout to figure out how to bite our lures. With the fish having lock jaw we changed tactics and has a bit better luck. I caught some minnows and we floated them under bobbers and got into some fish. We ended the day catching 5 kokes, 5 cutts and about 10 tiger trout.

This will probably be our last boat trip of the year as ice season is just around the corner. For those that may be wanting to sneak in another trip on soft water the boat ramp was clear and there was hardly any snow up there. Easy access to the lake still until we get another snowfall.
[signature]
makes me want to get done with this job and got home so i can go give it a try.. the tigers should be putting the feed bag's on right now. last year we hit some salmon around this time to.. scrapy little buggers.. was a lot of red's along the shore line as well.. [sly]
[signature]
Nice, that's great you it that lake this late in the season. I remember deer hunting in October up there with 2 feet of snow on the ground. Congrats on the trip, glad it was successful
[signature]
Thanks for the report. It sounds like it was a fun day.

When you caught kokanee do you have an idea how deep your line was? I have tried several times to catch kokanee on the fly rod but have not connected with any yet. I can get down to 40' - 50' with my fly while paddling so if they are any deeper than that I'm probably wasting my time.

Thanks for any info.
[signature]
Kokanee were caught at only 20 feet on the downriggers.
[signature]
That helps a lot. Thanks for the info.

I'm going to give it a try tomorrow in my tube.
[signature]