Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ottercreek
Ottercreek started out slow but paid off in the afternoon last Thursday. We were on the water at day break and made a couple passes from the dam to the east side with little action. Then we headed to the north end. On the way back the wind really kicked up around 2:00 for about an hour.

Right after the wind stopped we found the right spot and the bite was on until sunset when we headed in. The two of us brought in about 25 nice rainbows. Nothing the size of the ones we caught this spring but respectable.
[signature]
Lunder, I had heard you were headed down. Thanks for the report. I keep hearing form a few reports the sizes are down this fall. Hope to get down before ice fishing time.
[signature]
That's good to know. We were going to stay at Otter Creek in September on the way back home but the truck had some trouble in Panguitch and needed a new alternator. By the time it was replaced it was too late to get to Otter Creek.
[signature]
Got down today for a few hours. Caught 15 trolling. Nothing large. Only one other boat on the lake. Beautiful day!
[signature]
Good on you. It's interesting that last Spring 2 1/2-3 pounders were hitting hard and seemed to be plenty. The catching wasn't so good during the summer but now it's fair fishing. The ones we caught last week didn't have the parasites on them like they did this summer.
I'm curious where the bigger rainbows went? Did they get fished out?
[signature]