Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skunk on Ice
Well up at 2:15 this morning and headed north. Arrived at Henry's at 7:25 after snowy roads from Pocatello onward. Setup and fishing within half hour and around 9:30 got this feller. Seen a few since but really slow for me. I'm with a big group of guys and there's fish being caught but not a ton. I'm ready for another one but who knows if luck will Smile. Anyway I'll update the trip as I can. Later J
[signature]
you got what feller? can't see em
[signature]
Thought about making that journey in the morning. But we’re staying closer to home.
[signature]
Cowboy Up!
Sorry Richard was using a new pad and guess I haven't figured it out yet. Try it now. Later J
[signature]
Had one in the group get 9 today but a lot of guys got the skunk today. They are sure pretty but not fast fishing for most of us. You probably did fine by staying close. Later J
[signature]
Love those Henry's lake cutts! It's been a few years since I fished there, but seeing that picture of your fish makes me want to plan a trip for there come next summer.

I hope it gets better for you up there today. We are on the whitefish now and they will be going strong when you get back. We had a 25 fish morning yesterday with some 19 inchers thrown in.

Anyway, be safe up there on the hard deck, I'm pretty jealous! I got the ice gear all ready and it's coming soon down here!

Mike
[signature]
Nice cutty Jeff, looks pretty fat, any guess on the weight?
[signature]
Hey Mike sounds like fun over your way. I had a better day got two 21" ers right off the bat by 7:30 then it shut down for bites until my time to go when I got a 21.5 inch'er to go home with at noon. Pictures just don't do those fish justice they are so pretty. Fun trip. Later J
[signature]
Those are some nice fish! Congratulations!

You didn't miss much down here today, it pretty much sucked for whitefish. Oh well, can't win them all.

Mike
[signature]
looks like a fun trip Jeff. we'll have ice down here soon I hope. Those are good looking fish.
[signature]
So how was the bear lake area, have some snow today? Were you catching fish from the shore or using a boat? West side or East side? That place has its own weather.
[signature]
I didn't fish, but the weather sucked today. 3-4' waves and windy.my son and cousins tried it today and only got 1. Second point and Cisco beach have been best so far.

Mike
[signature]
Curt I had my scale, but didn't weigh any of them, but they were chunky. I'd guess 5-6lbs but it's only a guess. I'll tell you they sure filled up a 6" hole when ya pulled them out. Different when you can't just lift the fish out of the hole. Kind of like that, but I was having to learn how to grab them while I kept their heads up the hole. Fun trip. Later J
[signature]
Thanks Mike for the update, was it a weather thing or fish just not into biting. I'll bet the lake has been pretty rough with this storm rolling through. I'll be watching for a smooth day after the storm passes and then I'd like to run over in the boat and give it a try. Thanks for your updates. J
[signature]
Thanks Ron, wish I could have counted them for the contest, but that dang state line problem. Maybe we'll get that ice before long? Hoping with you. Later J
[signature]
The lake was so rough today that there would have been no way to know if they were biting or not. It will be better in a couple days.

Mike
[signature]
Yup I figured as much. I'm a smooth lake lover when I'm trying for whitefish. Pretty tough to feel those light bites otherwise. Later in the week looks smoother. That's probably when I'll show. Thanks J
[signature]