Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blackfoot?
I see everyone is having a blast at lake Henry but has anyone fished Blackfoot lately? Any ice forming yet?
[signature]
I suspect last night may have started the ice, but wasn't there to see.... Have been hearing of nice fish caught there the last month or so, around 5 lb range... I would like to try the ice up there this year, but seems like the season is so short with all the other spots I want to go, I probably won't make it up there unless it freezes before my regular spots... So I'll be hoping for safe ice in the next two weeks... but not ready yet this week... Later J
[signature]
Thanks for the info. I guess I’ll just have to take a drive and find out. The first couple weeks of ice up there is usually awesome. Big ol trout with tons of fight. Will post a report soon.
[signature]
I'd give it a couple days at least. Would be fun to hit it before it gets too tough to get in there. Good luck. J
[signature]
Ice is on! 5 to 8 inches at the dam where we fished. Super nice black noisy stuff. Was 6 below when we arrived yesterday. Caught a nice mix of cutts and rainbows. Bring your ice skates for when the fishing slows down.
[signature]
Thanks for the report .
[signature]
Thank you for the info. Time to hit the ice. Sounds like fun. Later J
[signature]
Looks like it time I will be there soon thanks for the info
[signature]
What kind of depths are at the dam? Thinking about trying it out this weekend.
[signature]
It’s probably 30 feet deep in the bay in front of the dam. We always set up shallow though. Most of the fish we catch are in less than 10 feet of water. We fished yesterday about halfway between poison creek and pebble beach and did real good. Almost all the fish we caught there were in 5 feet or less of water. The ice is so clear you can watch those big rainbows go crazy underneath you as you reel them in. Hopefully we get a few mor weeks in before the weather closed the road. Any ice forming up on Jackson lake?
[signature]
Not much ice at Jackson yet. Smaller bays are starting to get a skim but it will be mid January at the earliest like most years before it will be safe enough to get on. Thanks for the Blackfoot info. Might try it this weekend.
[signature]
Went to the Dike today. 4 of us landed one fish, lost one in the hole and missed two. Real slow. 7" of ice with 2 inches of snow on top.
[signature]
Went out today with two friends. We were about 1/2 east of the boat launch. 9 to 10 inches of ice with about 2 to 3 inches of snow. Extremely slick as the ice is smooth and the snow is not sticking to it.

Between the 3 of us we caught 2 rainbows about 20 inches long, 3 cutts close to the same size and 3 small cutts and 1 small rainbow. Fished for about 7 hours.

Slow fishing as compared to how we have done in the past but it was the first time out for me this winter so I was just happy to be on the ice.
[signature]