Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
power auger problem
hit Mantua again today took the power auger. not that you need one yet . just that after 3 days with the hand one my shoulder is a little sore. anyway after I poke my holes I set it down on the ice after a few minutes I notice it was leaking gas. couldnt tell if it's from the fuel line or the carburetor . any one else ever run into this and knows what I need to do to fix it. it is an Eskimo mako
[signature]
There's Always Time For One More Cast
I had an Eskimo Mako auger that leaked real bad. It was a problem with the gas tank, where the mounting screws were too long and eventually poked through the wall of the tank. I had to buy a new tank, and when I installed it I added a couple of washers to the screws to keep them from going in too far and puncturing the new tank. Before I replaced the tank I was able to keep using the auger for quite a while by only filling the tank about 1/4 full, and also when I set the auger down I did it so the gas tank spout was facing up. This kept the gas from reaching the holes in the tank, and as long as I did that I didn't have any leaks.
[signature]
Check the bolts that hold the gas tank on, my tank was cracked where the bolts hold the tank, the bolts were over tightened from the factory and cracked after a few trips. If it’s new the warranty should cover it. I think the tank costs like 14 bucks.
[signature]
This is a common problem in Eskimo Mako augers. Mine did it too. You can buy a new tank from Eskimo that will fix it and not leak. A neighbor who has a side business fixing small engines repaired mine by replacing some seals where the leak occurred. It has been fine since.
[signature]
I have had to replace my tank 6 times. The first five were the same style tank. The last one they sent, was completely different- even used different holes to mount it. There was a seam that combined the two half’s of the tank that was prone to failure. It leaked at the molded ears the bolts ran through once too. They have always sent a new tank for free every time and this latest version has been good for 3 seasons now. I love this drill, never failed me on the ice- but the fuel tank issue has drove me nuts. Ardisam obviously knows it’s an issue because they just kept sending new tanks. I’ve fixed the problem for good now tho...Milwaukee fuel and Kdrill. Can’t wait to try it.
[signature]
Thanks Guys guess I stay home today and take a good look at the tank sounds like an easy fix.
[signature]
There's Always Time For One More Cast