Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake Pump House
Fished the pump house today. Arrived at 7 am ice was a little scary 1 inch of garbage ice 1/2" of water then 3-3.5 inches of clear. Fished the lake side of the trash racks and caught 30 or so white bass in 2 hours. Bite was light and they seemed to just bump it as soon as you stopped jigging it. No other species wanted to play. Inside the pump area looked real thin. Water was starting to flow onto the ice as the day got warmer.
[signature]
Nice job on the white bass and thanks for the report. I checked Lindon ice yesterday and it didn't look good. I moved on to Huntington where I knew I would stay dry.
[signature]
The pump house is always fun!
[signature]
thanks for the report Icehead. How deep is the water in that area now?
[signature]
I haven't caught a white bass for several years. Thinking I would like to go thin them out a little. Any advise would be appreciated as well as where the pump house is located? May give it a whirl this Saturday. May be a good close fishing trip for the scout troop. Anyone that can give me some guidance can post here or send me a pm.

thanks
[signature]
https://earth.app.goo.gl/KvCA

Try the link above. It is at the mouth of the Jordan River.

I have not been there myself this year, so be extra careful and watch for thin ice.
[#0000ff]Although white bass numbers are down, compared to previous years, there are still plenty if you can find a school. Also some good perch, bluegills and crappies around the pump house at times.

Be sure to check ice thickness. The protected channels there are usually among the first to get good ice, but with changing weather the conditions can change. Good luck and post a report.

[/#0000ff][#0000ff]
[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Thanks for the info everyone and a big thank you to Tube Dude. I down loaded your fishing info for the pump house and found it very informative. You have spent a lot of time putting together this information. I am sure I can locate a good spot to drill a hole and go catch some white bass. I will post my experience after I go. May have to wait until after Christmas.
[signature]