Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tips Mama Nature Calls...Ice fishing
Here's a few more tips from K2 on comfort while on the ice especially when the human Mama nature calls.

Now for a man a little easier than a woman with #1. We've been ice fishing for numerous years and have adapted for these human nature events. No need to be uncomfortable. Plus we always take a trash bag with us neatly packed not only for our trash but any trash we may find.

Anyhoos, nature calls for a every man, woman and child including pets. However for a female well a little more discretion may be required and we have a tent not only to fish in but for privacy when fishing in a group.

First picture is a tip for woman and the guys that want to take a spouse or GF out or including a young lady.

Second picture is when the duty of #2 happens.

Third picture is the travel size toilet paper (found in grocery stores/camping areas in sports stores) and a couple trash bags along with a doodie bag.

Again a whole lot of information on ice fishing and tips throughout social media. But being comfortable and prepared when human nature calls is paramount and not being stranded and uncomfortable. We've seen and unfortunately removed socks/t-shirts from the ice that wasn't a pleasant scene when covered in human excrement. Used rubber gloves I also carry to remove the material that would only end up in the water when ice thaws.

So with that being said, K2 tips from lessons and being women that can help being respectful for the environment if and when human Mama nature calls. Including if you want to get a woman on the ice to share your hard deck experience and let them know you have human Mama nature covered for them to be comfortable and enjoy.

Way easier then driving or walking back to find facilities especially with #2.

When Mama nature calls the K2 recommendations on being prepared.
[signature]
Great preparedness post again.

I always bring items for comfort of invited guests. Tent, an abundance of warm clothing, food, water in Thermos bottles ...

For a rudimentary toilet, I have the Gamma Lid. They attach to a bucket making a good seal and the top unscrews and has it's own seal which is very effective. It's lightweight and won't leak even if tipped over.
[signature]
Kim,
A timely and very important post. All of us have the responsibility to use good judgement on the ice, particularly when it comes to disposal and removal of waste.
When I have female guests with me I always bring my camping Porta-Poti for them to use inside my Eskimo ice shelter. The Porta-Poti is also available on most trips for the rest of us who need to make a #2 deposit. If there are restrooms within a reasonable ATV or foot trip, all the better.

The thing that always sets me off is seeing all the normal litter like bait containers, drink bottles and food wrappers that people just leave on the ice. And what's the deal with making a fire on the ice? Wear enough clothing to stay warm and don't build a fire out on the ice. If you packed it out there, you should be prepared to haul it out with you.

Everyone be safe on the early ice and let's not lose anybody to a tragic mistake on the ice.

Mike
[signature]
That is a great tip. K2 should put a ice fishing potty kit together and sell it. JK The girls also seem to need to go at the worst time, and no restroom in site. This gave me a great idea for taking out the wife on the next trip. Thanks for sharing that tip and the pictures. It will make life easier on my next outing.
[signature]
So why is it that everytime I get coveralls on, I go to go??? I spend more trips miserable because I need to take care of business, but don't want to waste fishen time to do such things... Good tips for making that part of the trip a little more bearable... Those trucker bombs are a good idea verses the yellow spots you see in some locations... Thanks J
[signature]