Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua?
Seeing how mantua fishing has been and how the ice is doing up there.
Any info would be great.
thanks
Jay-
[signature]
The fishing is pretty slow. I was there Friday and Sunday. Ice was anywhere from 3-4 inches. I am hearing that it's pretty much 3 inches everywhere now. Hopefully this cold snap we are having this weekend will help things out.
[signature]
Fishing was extremely slow yesterday, the ice was 3-4 inches. I am pretty sure someone fell through the ice. Saw a bunch of cops and an ambulance drive to the southeast corner just before noon.
[signature]
Welcome to BFT, hope you'll enjoy taking part on the forum... Mantua has been pretty good for me both trips, but there are times when the fish just shut off and won't take anything I try, then other times I can't get it to the bottom without the little fellows grabbing it... If you go and aren't catching anything move a little ways and try it again, a few feet seems to make a difference for me, crazy, but it's location, location for the two most important points of catching fish... Anyway let us know how we can help ya out on the forum... Later J
[signature]
Man that sounds pretty bad if they drug in the cops and ambulance... Hope they were okay... I hit some spooky ice there Saturday that seemed to sink underneath me and crack as I walked over a small area... I was afraid I'd crossed one of those thin zones not knowing it was any different than the rest of the 4" sheet.. Anyway I know that pond can have hidden hazards not to mention the ones you can see, so it is a little scary... Well I hope they got out okay if that is what happened... Anyone on the forum hear what happened? Thanks for the info... Later J
[signature]
Like skunkedagain said. If your not catching fish MOVE. I think I probably moved 4 times last night before I finally found the fish. Once you get on a school it’s fast and furious. A fish finder definitely helps. The fishing has definitely been good but mostly quantity over quality for me. As far as bait goes spikes have been working good for me. You can get them at sportsmans.
[signature]
Like these guys and others have said...it's a whole lot of slow with rare moments of getting into them. First time I went I did well for the perch, and second time I was one little rainbow from getting skunked...and that's with moving around a lot.
Ice is sketchy, but hopefully it thickens up a bit to where it's considered safe.
Snow is in the forecast tomorrow.
[signature]
I went Friday, Saturday & Sunday. Friday was good for the 5 hours I was there, caught 4 bows, 3 chubby perch & small bass. Saturday was slower but caught 4 fat blue gills along with a few trout & some dinky perch. Sunday I went from 7- noon & had a great time, caught 14 fish, another buddy caught 14 too & our other buddy caught 10 mostly trout for all of us. We fished the south east side.

A few photos:
[signature]