Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield Eve Eve
I hit up Scofield twice this week.

Monday:

I found little to no snow at the lake. The lake was covered in ice with scattered patches of snow. The ice was 6-7 inches of clear strong ice and was very slippery. Caught ten fish, a few at 7 ft, one at 17 ft, but caught most at 9 ft. Caught one chub, one rainbow, and the rest were cutts.

Talked with two other guys who fished about the same depths but got skunked.

Saturday:

I found two to three inches of snow on top of about 7 inches of clear strong ice. There were three people including myself in my group. We caught around forty fish or more. One fish was a chub, two were bows, and the rest were cutts. The hot spot was at 8-10 ft down in 11.8 ft of water. Fish were coming through every minute or sometimes less until about 10:30 am. Things slowed down but picked up around 12:00 pm.

Saw others fishing today but it was unknown if they caught fish. I did hear one person in a tent claim he caught a 10 pound rainbow as he told his friend in another tent.

Two things to point out:

1- The last three years this time of year I've gone to Scofield and caught 40 plus chubs and only a couple trout on each trip. This year was quite the opposite!

2- The rainbows looked healthy and the cutts were no longer the skinny snake like from years past. Most of the cutts were 12-15 inches. I hope the lake can continue to progress and keep heading in the right direction!
[signature]
It's because of the new management plan, it's working already.
[signature]
It's because there was water this past summer.

[red]⫸[/red][orange]<{[/orange][yellow]{{[/yellow][green]{{[/green][size 4][blue]⦇[/blue][/size][blue]°[/blue][#8000FF]>[/#8000FF]
[signature]