Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Merry Christmas! Fish toys?
I just wanted to wish all my fellow fisherman a Merry Christmas! Thought it might be fun if we also shared what new fishing gear we got or plan to get with gift certificates, bad sweater returns etc etc. [Wink]
[signature]
Merry Christmas to all. Got the Deeper fish finder pro plus. Anyone have any experience with one ?
[signature]
I don't have any experience with the Deeper finder but I do have a Fish Hunter. Like the Deeper it uses your phone as a display and interface. It has definately helped me catch more fish in shallower lakes down to about 40 feet. Past that though it has not been sensitive enough to pick up my jigs like other higher dollar finders can. Really showed its shortcomings on the George last year next to some friends better finders in 60-80ft of water for the macs. On all the local lakes (Hyrum, Mantua, East Canyon, Rockport etc) it keeps up just fine and I can tease fish up into a strike just like much higher dollar rigs. I'd like to hear if your Deeper does better down further.
[signature]
Deeper Smart Sonar is quite good. Its more portable and you can control it with your smartphone. Just download the app and you get going with it. Just make sure that you turn off your Mobile Data and switch to Wifi while using it. Why because your wifi connection might break and your mobile may auto-switch to mobile data. There would be too much connection interruption and it just makes the whole experience a pain. Here check this good resource about fish finders:
https:/www.tellmebest.com/best-fish-finders
[signature]