Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Capped
I might have missed this info somewhere but I noticed the bay had an ice cap tonight as I drove by. Sorry if this is old news. Later J
[signature]
Thanks for the update
[signature]
You're welcome. J
[signature]
Thanks Jeff . I wouldnt think its much yet . checked there Christmas eve and all that was started in the north marina had melted. hope it hold would like to give it a go Mantua is getting hit hard right now
[signature]
There's Always Time For One More Cast
Yup heard it's only about an inch so don't pack your auger down there just yet... Be tough to make it through this warm without blowing off... Be crossing my fingers hoping it will hold and grow thicker... Good luck J
[signature]
It's been above 40° all night, so I'd bet any ice still there isn't safe at all. Record cold and snow totals all over - except here.
[signature]
Wow we're still 24 in Cache Valley this morning. Not great, but better than 40. You're right it won't last like that. Maybe the high will move and we'll get some winter yet. Crazy to be wishing for cold, but we need safe ice. Later J
[signature]
It's 3:00 pm right now - and 55° at my house. I'm a bit higher than Willard, but not enough to make more than a few degrees difference, even in this mild inversion.
[signature]
I stopped at the north marina Christmas Day just to see and it was an inch of slushy ice. There was a little trail trough the ice where someone had taken a boat out that day. That guy is awesome.
[signature]
Yep we had 52 in Cache Valley not good ice making weather but it's back to 26 now at 11ish. Hope the clear skies makes for good radiant heat losses tonight. So it holds its own against these warm days. Maybe by Monday it will be all gone. Hope not. Later J
[signature]
Well what can we say, stuck between two seasons. Can't walk on it and getting too tough on boats. Guess Bear Lake is still wide open. Maybe that's where I ought to head on New Year's Day later J
[signature]
I'm starting to think I must have been psychic when I sold all my ice fishing gear last January.
[signature]
Man I wish I would have gotten a little of that intuition, I've spent way too much on new gear over the last two years. Now who knows if I'll even get a good chance to put it to work. I've liked it on the few trips I've made but I'd sure like a nice full day when I'm not taking care of everyone so I could set it all up and see how it will work. So far my FIL has been enjoying my gear. One of these days I'll give it a go.

Never got very cold last night, bottomed at 25 and almost 29 already. Think you may be onto something. Hope it changes soon. J
[signature]