Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huntington
Anyone have any reports on Huntington? The last update on the DNR website is from 2 weeks ago. Wondered if it has safe ice on it?
[signature]
If you're talking about the one down by Fairview, you should be fine, unless something weird happened. I was on a solid 5 inches December 10th.
[signature]
Yeah, if your talking about Huntington state park, I drove by it the 27th and some of the middle was froze and about 20-30 yards of open water along the edges rrunning east.. couldn’t see the dam side very well..
[signature]
Yeah, by Fairview. Sounds like it should be good to go then!?
[signature]
We had the snowmobile on the ice Dec. 26th with 9 inches of ice and about 9 inches of snow. Fishing was slow
[signature]
Perfect, thanks everyone!
[signature]
one more question, was the road accessible all the way up to the lake?
[signature]
Yes. They plow it regularly. Be prepared for slush out on the reservoir though. My son and I were there on the 26th. 9 inches of ice. But as soon as you drill a hole there's a couple of inches of water coming out of the hole, turning everything within a couple of yards into slush.

[red]⫸[/red][orange]<{[/orange][yellow]{{[/yellow][green]{{[/green][size 4][blue]⦇[/blue][/size][blue]°[/blue][#8000FF]>[/#8000FF]
[signature]