Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo ice?
Anyone been by Echo that can give an ice report?
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Drove by on Monday. About 80% capped with no evidence of hole drilling anywhere I looked. Also, contrary to an earlier report that the walk-thru gate at the resort had been fenced is false. I stopped on the road and looked at it and it is open. The drive-thru gate is closed and locked, but the walk-thru opening to the right of the drive-thru gate is still open.[/#][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
I hear the state parks is taking over Echo resort next year. Maybe we'll have closer parking and easier snowmobile access.
[signature]
Thank you for the report!
[signature]
I was going to ask this same question so thanks for the update.
[signature]
I drove by it Wednesday evening. New ice has formed on both ends. I wouldn't trust any of it yet. There are lots of cracks and water marks all over the ice.
[signature]
Lots of open water this morning, and the rest looks very unsafe.
[signature]
[quote Bruitus]I hear the state parks is taking over Echo resort next year. Maybe we'll have closer parking and easier snowmobile access.[/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Since we are in the annual shut down of most state/federal offices (xmas/new years), nobody that can answer inquiries on this are out of the office until next week. However, the receptionist at Utah Parks & Rec HQ told me that as of November 1, 2017, an agreement had been completed to transfer management of Echo Reservoir from the BoR to the Utah Parks & Rec. Plans are being developed to convert existing facilities into a state park. The time line for this is not known by me at this time. I will try again next week to get some answers from the BoR and Utah Parks & Rec.[/#][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."