Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield 12/27
Hit Scofield today to break in the 1st trip of the season. First time I have ice fished Scofield in 2 years with what I have heard this year, I gave her a try.. Walked out to fish off behind the point of Madsen Bay.. Was in 32’ of water and had a good day.. Caught fish all through out the water column, cutts and chubs.. from literally my transducer to bouncing off the bottom.. earlier in the morning was catching cutts, high to low, but most action around 15’-18’ as the day progressed action for cutts was bouncing off the bottom and I definitely caught the bigger cutts on the bottom.. the average 12”-15” mid to top of water column, caught almost 2 18”-20” of bottom with some averages mixed in two.. caught 4 chubs, and 3 of them came from the 15’-18’ column and 1 from bouncing bottom.. altogether it was about a 12 fish day.. one of the better days I have had up there since the chub invavsion.. didn’t matter what was on the line, fishing really heated up about 11:00.. the marcum led-3-tci was the ticket today.. at points the entire screen would light up, with a school of fish swimming by (chubs) then about a minute later again (cutts).. so, I am guessing the cutts are doing their job and following the chubs around.. I did notice bouncing off bottom the difference between chubs and the cutts.. when I would lift about a foot off the bottom the chubs would just sit and waitthe cutts would fly up to the bait.. had a 4-5 chub bites at the bottom; but only hooked one.. I use to have a showdown, but the 3-tci just shows more action and what is going on more clearly, in my opinion.. and took a little bit to get use to the non-vertical screen.. anyways, I was really skeptical about them not poisoning the lake and dumping more cutts and wipers and t.m.’s in there, but from toda’s experience hopefully scofield is turning back to a great fishery in the next couple of years!
[signature]
Thanks for the great report! A few questions. Were there machines on the Ice? Is there snow on the ramps? Ice thickneas? I plan to go up tomorrow and would love the info.
[signature]
We stopped by Scofield this afternoon for a while as well. We had a DNR officer check our licenses, he was riding a snowmobile all over. Lake has about 4 to 6 inches of snow on it, and everywhere we drilled was around 8" of ice.
[signature]
Yes, there is snow on the ramps and I too got checked by the dnr officer on the snowmobile and I agree there was close to a foot of ice where I was. In the morning on my way up, there was a side by side on the other ramp on the ice.. there was a 4-wheeler below the cabins by madsen on my way out..
[signature]
Thanks again! Just the info I needed!
[signature]
[quote Jackin_Jaws]anyways, I was really skeptical about them not poisoning the lake and dumping more cutts and wipers and t.m.’s in there, but from toda’s experience hopefully scofield is turning back to a great fishery in the next couple of years![/quote]

Really? You think they've turned the corner in just 7 months with muskies? 12 years worth of Tiger Trout and Cutthroats didn't do it. I think it has a whole lot more to do with the fact that there is 5 times the amount of water than there has been for the last several years.

We'll see.

[red]⫸[/red][orange]<{[/orange][yellow]{{[/yellow][green]{{[/green][size 4][blue]⦇[/blue][/size][blue]°[/blue][#8000FF]>[/#8000FF]
[signature]
great report!
[signature]