Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South East Idaho Ice Recommendations
Is there any good ice with decent fishing in the Preston area these days? Got a group of family coming and everything around home is slow so I'd bore the kids to death between fish... Anything north of the border any better? Preferably in a spot we can drive some what close to... Thanks J
[signature]
I heard Johnson is good .
[signature]
Thanks Curt, will see if I can find a few more details. Haven't fished that one much before. Thank you. J
[signature]
Deep creek and Glendale would be my go to for family fishing if you’re looking for quantity. I’ve heard Glendale is fishing good through ice but haven’t personally been up to check conditions. Deep creek had a few people out today as we drove by on way to Daniels.
[signature]
Thanks for that tip. I expect Glendale would be perch for the numbers? Been ten years since I fished it last, but I remember graphing tons of perch on that trip. We got a bunch of small ones but was fun. How did Daniels turn out? Later J
[signature]
I don’t fish Glendale much but you have more options with trout, perch, bass, bluegill, and possibly crappie. Daniels was decent...not as fast as we had hoped but still good fishing. 7 hours three of us iced 35 fish. Ice is good, couple inches of snow on 5 good inches of ice. Crossing our fingers that big blue gets cold and freezesSmile.
[signature]
Thanks for that info, pretty interesting. I'm with ya on that big blue wish. Pretty concerned it's way to warm to get there this year. Not sure the usual ice ponds will all get there this year. Be hoping with ya. Later j
[signature]
Went to johnson a week or two ago and caught 12. Condie sucked but i havent ice fished it much. Treasurton is frozen but not the best place for family because you can only use one pole. Twin lakes is my favorite but the ice is still questionable. Im going to check the ice at twin tonight then go in the morning if its safe. If not ill go to glendale and johnson. If you have time to drive i would take the family to montpelier. All you can catch perch all day with some kokanee and trout mixed in.
[signature]
Hey that sounds fun!!! Company just rolled in so I'll be feeling out how committed they are. We may just stick close to home so when they lose interest we can call it quits and not have a bunch of driving left to do. California kids so may not have the stick to it ness that's needed. Thanks for great tips. Later J
[signature]
Probably won't have the clothes and boots either .
[signature]
Montpelier is fishing well for all you can eat perch. Good ice as well.

Mike
[signature]
That's one time I talked my wife into letting us keep something. I kept all my daughters winter gear so we have all sizes so I can usually outfit their kids even if it is a little out of style and girlish colors for boys to wear, but it beats freezing. But you're right they don't have winter gear. We'll see how things go starting today. Later J
[signature]
Thanks Mike, one day I need to try that one. I've never fished it before. Thanks for the info. J
[signature]
Good thinking , about keeping the clothes . I have never fished Montpellier either but want to .
[signature]
Glendale treated me well today. That one was 22 inches. The ice was a bit scary though.
[signature]
Montpelier was good on Thursday. We caught 75 7-8" perch in three hours. Made for a good perch fry. We had to go to some really small ice flies to get them to bite.

Windriver
[signature]
Thank s for the report. How thick is the ice now?

Mike
[signature]
ice was 8-10 inches
[signature]
Thanks, I'm heading there this morning.

Mike
[signature]
Hey Curt, sorry I missed your reply... that hanging on to clothes has worked pretty well for them... kind of fills our closet, but does make it so they can come play... Guess I need to decide where to go, it's almost time off work again... Can't wait to get out... Later J
[signature]