Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Local ice
Update for y’all around the Layton area; Holmes creek is frozen.... that’s about all I got. Haha. 6 inches of ice. Steady fishing for 15 inch trout. Decent for bass. Now... question. Looking to fish somewhere little bigger tomorrow. How is east canyon, or even lost creek looking? Still wide open?
[signature]
My sister's boyfriend says Mantua is ready. He was going to go on Christmas, but had trouble with the batteries for his fish finder.
[signature]
Ya I’ve fished Mantua already..... eeew. It was not very impressing. I’ve also fished Farmington pond.... just local. It was absolutely killer. But like I said, I’m kinda done with community fisheries and small ponds already.
[signature]
Lost Creek was wide open last Saturday. Any size to the bass at Holmes?
[signature]
Thanks. Haven’t got a bass with nice size through the ice in 3 Years. All are just little pounders. But the summer producing nice bass all summer!!
[signature]
UPDATE: Holmes is doing pretty dang good. Try finding 14 feet of water. That’s about the only depth to catch trout in. Use flow ratsos tipped with wax or meal, and JIG!! I had non stop action yesterday. Also caught a couple 10-12 inch gills. Needed my flasher for those, had to work them individually off the bottom. Great day fishing. Fished like an hour and a half before work and caught around 20-25 fish myself, about the same for my buddy! 80% of the trout we caught were wild and 15-16 inches and fought hard. A couple were 10 inch planters. Last piece of advice. Find drop offs from 5 feet to 14 feet. There are a lot. Fish the deep side of that. Structure is great! [Wink] like Fallen down trees. Hehe. Good luck!
[signature]
Please show a pic of that 12” gill!
[signature]