Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua 12/29
Fished Mantua today until 10:50 am or so.
Picked up 3 perch and one healthy bow.
Very slow fishing.
[signature]
Me and a buddy were out there from about 7:15 til about 12:40 and caught one rainbow.
[signature]
My two buddy's with me only caught one bow between them.
I did not see another fish caught.
Rough day and I wish you a better day next time you go out and a Happy New Year.
[signature]
+1 on the slow fishing. We were getting on about the time you were leaving. 1 small perch and 2 bows between the three of us. But it sure was nice to get on the ice.
+1 on the slowww action there. How was the slush monster?
[signature]
She was starting to get ugly by 11, 1-2" in a few places.
Today had to be even worse.
[signature]
Mantua is just terrible this year. I've made three trips in the past 10 days and have caught 2 fish total. Very few bites. Everyone I talk to has had a similar experience.
[signature]
Ive been killing it at mantua over 100 fish days big trout no bluegill big perch so far for me a good year
[signature]
I wonder what you're doing different. I have tried all sorts of different colors, jigs, baits, and jigging techniques. Nothing seems to work.
[signature]
Probably all talk lol

If not, congrats to being one of the few to really get into them. Most of the perch people have been catching are of the 4" and less variety.
[signature]
Yea, seems unlikely to me as well. A new member signs up, makes claims that no one else has made but if true, I'm happy for him.
[signature]