Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing 12/28
Not a whole lotta boats on the water. Boulder ramp actually had zero boats tied up when I got there before sunrise. High 30s out with 56 degree surface water temps.
Other than a pinch of a breeze in the AM it was a perfect day.

Bait was fairly simple. Even mix of small stuff and a pinch too big in less than 45 minutes. Not too many in the size I really like.

Fishing on the other hand was a what the heck. Like in where are the fish. My Humminbird has never ever been that empty in the Vegas Bay. At least in the last 6 years that I have owned a boat. I hit all the areas I typically Striper fish in this time of the year and for the most part a clean screen. Checked outside of Boulder, down by Hemenway, by the dam and coves over there, back up shy of Callville in several coves, back in Gov't, etc. Just a straight up empty screen. Ended up just parking myself out in the bigger section of Vegas and fished in 140ft or so of water. Had one small wave come through catching several right off the bottom and one at 100ft or so. That was it. Wasn't looking for a bunch just enough for a dinner... Verily caught enough for that. It has been several months since I was last out. Back then the Humminbird screen was filled for the most part everywhere.

Tom
[signature]
Well that's too bad Tom, what do you think is going on there are shad numbers down[:/]? At least you caught some fish.
[signature]
Bait was great. That kills me the most. Just a weird day I am hoping. Never seen my sonar screen so empty before. I ran well over twice the amount of miles I would normally run around and just never came up with anything on the south end of the lake. Like they packed their bags and headed to the other end of the lake day.

Tom
[signature]
Well that's weird, hope it was just a bad day and nothing more serious.
[signature]
Me 2. What I get for not going out for 2 months. No idea on what's going on. Taking some guys out this upcoming weekend or the next so the main reason for getting out there. Do some recon/get a feel for what's been happening. Lost now. lol

Tom
[signature]
Yea, that happens, hopefully you will be able to get the guys on some fish on your next trip.
[signature]
Wonder if it has anything to do with the new water treatment plants they put online. Saw this article yesterday in the RJ.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/hend...lake-mead/

Go up to echo, there are always fish there. Wish I could go fishing. Just had my back fusion surgery on December 14th. It will be awhile until I can do much of anything.

Take a look at the picture of my new bionic back
http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx299...ad9dew.jpg
[signature]