Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield, madsen bay
A neighbor of mine asked if I have ever iced fished before. His son had been asking him to take him ice fishing but he had never gone before so he was looking for someone to show them how. We hit Scofield because I thought that would be a decent place to get them in some fish. We went maybe 100 yards out from the Madsen bay boat ramp and were in about 27 feet of water. The best lure was a green glow ice fly tipped with a wax worm. Fishing wasn’t hot! But we managed to do the three things I had wanted. 1 We had fun. 2 we stayed warm, and 3. We got in some fish and the the young son had a great time and left talking about the “next time.”

No chubs which surprised me. All trout were about 12 inches or so.
[signature]
Sounds like a successful trip to me! Thanks for the report.
[signature]
We hit Scofield on 12/26. Looks like most of the cuts and bows are hanging out in the channel near the dam. We caught over 16 in 20’ of water with anything white. My brother in law did the best on a faded pink ratfinkee. I also had something big (per the flasher) check out a rattle trap jigging in 45’, but he never hit it. Good luck, hopefully this helps if you want to try again!
[signature]
Welcome to the site Yakler and thanks for the report, seems like Scofield is fishing good this year, compared to the last few years.
WH2
[signature]