Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice line?
Im looking for some recommendations on quality ice line. I have suffix 6lb ice magic orange and i don't like how much memory it has and its mono. And ill be fishing Mantua and Hyrum if it ever get frozen. 4lb is probably better for me as well? Thanks
[signature]
I’ve been using the Beaver Dam Ice Line and it seams to be really good quality.
[signature]
I spool up with berkley fire line 10 lb braid then tie 2-4 lb mono leader super awesome since most hole fray is farther back
[signature]
I've had great results from basic Trilene, ice Trilene and Northland Bionic Ice all basic mono in 2 lb to 6 lb with no significant differences. Nice and limp and good knot strength.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]I switched this year to Frost Ice Premium Monofilament Ice Fishing Line (Clear) by Clam Outdoors on all 4 of my in-line reels. I have 4# on for my panfish rods and 6# for my trout rods. I also have some 6# braid on my 2 rods with spinning reels to eliminate the line coils. The only problem I have with braided line is that water tends to stick to it and it freezes on the spool; and I am using an ice fishing braid.

If the Clam line lives up to expectations, it should be a good choice.[/#][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."