Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge trip invite
I'm looking for a partner to go to the gorge next Friday night coming back Sunday morning. I have the boat, gear, truck. I literally cannot find anyone to go with and fishing the gorge in January solo sounds sketchy and miserable. I have a heater to keep the hands warm. My boat is a Ranger so if the wind picks up at all we are off the water. We wouldn't sink but getting wet is just as deadly. I've had alot of luck this time of year. We'll be fishing for big macs in the morning maybe rainbows in the afternoon or go in, rest, and do a little burbot action after dark. If you are experienced or not doesn't matter. Just be able to split expenses and have a good time.
[signature]
That's a great offer, I can't do it but I'll bet someone will take you up on the offer. Good luck. J
[signature]
[quote johnboy83]I'm looking for a partner to go to the gorge next Friday night coming back Sunday morning. I have the boat, gear, truck. I literally cannot find anyone to go with and fishing the gorge in January solo sounds sketchy and miserable. I have a heater to keep the hands warm. My boat is a Ranger so if the wind picks up at all we are off the water. We wouldn't sink but getting wet is just as deadly. I've had alot of luck this time of year. We'll be fishing for big macs in the morning maybe rainbows in the afternoon or go in, rest, and do a little burbot action after dark. If you are experienced or not doesn't matter. Just be able to split expenses and have a good time.[/quote]

With all of this mild weather I have been seriously debating about breaking the Lund out of winter storage and going up, really want to try some burbot this year. Good luck and be safe if you make it up there.
[signature]
that is tempting, the bad thing , I go through Park city
and I don't like fishing Sunday. but I do sometimes
I have a 20' boat with 4 downriggers and I can put a cover up.
[signature]