Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish lake lodge
We have a 10 person cabin booked for Fish lake in early February. Planned on taking some newbies ice fishing. Fingers are crossed and all involved are praying there is ice but cabin claims there is a 0% refund policy. Anyone have experience w that? Also. If there isn't any ice by then is anyone interested in a discounted cabin?
[signature]
You should be fine by then.
[signature]
Yeah, I wouldn't worried about it. That said, if you need to fill any spots, I'd probably be in.
[signature]
Relax, that is a deep lake that doesn’t cap until after the first of the year. It sits at 9000 ft. It has safe ice every year. I rent a cabin down there almost every year. It should be a great trip for you guys!
[signature]
[quote Northman]Relax, that is a deep lake that doesn’t cap until after the first of the year. It sits at 9000 ft. It has safe ice every year. I rent a cabin down there almost every year. It should be a great trip for you guys![/quote]

I'm not relaxed!

This is the first time in my lifetime that I've seen boats on Fish Lake on January 1st.

This is the first time in my lifetime that we have not been able to fish some ice on Fish Lake over the New Year's weekend.

Forsythe and Mill Meadow had some ice -- but by Sunday Forsythe was very questionable.

Johnson has some ice, but much of it is not safe.

This is a strange year.

That being said: All it's going to take is some "normal" temperatures. Fish Lake had a skim of ice Monday morning. It was gone by afternoon. The good news is that we only need some "normal" cold nights with no wind to cap that lake. The scary thing is that it's going to be another week before we see any kind of "normal" temperatures.

I have to believe that the lake will be frozen by February. Keep your fingers crossed.
[signature]