Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Porcupine
, anybody know any word on porcupine is it froze over yet
[signature]
Was up there last Wens and it wasn't frozen at all, even in the back[Sad].
[signature]
Heard word that it was frozen and saw a post on Facebook about a guy ice skating on it
[signature]
Sorry wrong P lake I was thinking pineview haha
[signature]
Well that's the pitts
[signature]
I live up here on the road to Porcupine and drove up there Saturday on my 4-wheeler. No ice at all.
[signature]
Are you the member that put those small pontoons on your ATV and were trolling there a year or two back? If so, did you ever have any success doing that? I remember you talking about it, that time I posted a fishing report about it.
[signature]
Nope. I would never try anything like that.
[signature]
It must have been one of your neighbors then because the guy drove his ATV up from his house and right into the water, looked pretty cool. Doubt it would work if it was windy there.
[signature]
It is capped with a couple holes here and there. Ice is maybe half an inch thick.
[signature]
Nice so we are in the works up untill Saturday when it rains or snows and takes it all back off
[signature]
Ya idk I am hoping it holds up I would really like to be fishing it next weekend or the weekend after
[signature]
Lol yeah for sure me to my hell I wish something would freeze and Cache Valley besides Newton
[signature]
I was thinking of going and checking Hyrum Saturday afternoon. I heard sunday it had two inches but with all the cold nights and mornings weve had im sure its grown some
[signature]
Really well this is new information to me
[signature]
[url "http://www.hyrumdamcam.com/"]http://www.hyrumdamcam.com/[/url]
[signature]
Well that's bitchin good deal hopfully Hyrum will be better them every where else iv been going
[signature]
Here are two photos less than one half hour old. Ice near the dam and open water a few hundred yards towards the inlet.

The road up to the dam is slick from the snow melting and freezing. Fun ride coming down.
[signature]
Anybody fishing it does it look like there's any holes that have been drilled
[signature]
No evidence of holes being drilled. I could see where someone walked down the face of the dam and chucked a rock or two onto the ice. It is clear and looks to be a couple inches thick. Not something I'd want to be on.
[signature]